News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Searching for a fabric color..HELP!

Started by Ambrosine, July 06, 2010, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrosine

I've been asked to start a standing order for a friend who seems to go through his garb shirts fairly quickly. He wants an array of colors and in a light weight cotton. Some colors are basic, white,green,grey, but their is one I have never seen fabric of this color for a men's "poet" shirt. The way it has been described to me is crimson, but very dark red like the color of blood, and in the dark it would look almost black. Has anyone seen anything like this anywhere? At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to play with mixing dye's to get this effect.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Sorcha

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Or check your local JoAnn or Hancock Fabrics for Symphony Broadcloth in a  variety of colors. I have seen a blood red many times that I have often used for linings.

I use the White Symphony Broadcloth for Shirts and Chemises. I have done them in other colors as well.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kate XXXXXX

Try dying some cotton.   :)  I've had great success with Dylon machine dyes on cotton.