News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's Everyone Doing at Fest This Year?

Started by Charlotte Rowan, July 07, 2010, 02:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on July 16, 2010, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: Toarmod on July 16, 2010, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: MetheGreat on July 16, 2010, 05:14:49 PM
Lets see. . . What will I be doing?

Buyin Beer from the girls. Visiting people, watchin performers, playin games. Crackin Wise with the Wolfe. Helpin Big-Baby-Bellied women. Checkin out "bodices" and "kilts." Looking longingly at things I cant afford, but might anyways. Gotta support the arts.

You know. My usual stayin-out-of-trouble agenda.  ;)

No beer buying from a kilted lad?!? :P

After cracking wise with me, who needs beer?  Oh, that's right.  EVERYBODY.   :D

I has beer!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

This year I have shed the clothes of Caterina and will be returning with a new stage act called Cromatico. We are an all female a cappella trio singing madrigals and a few folk songs.

We are playing minstrels (we were formerly going for fey, but for the sake of the show, I think it will be easier to just be minstrels), and will be easy to spot in our striped skirts. (c:

Can't wait for the first day!

LadyFae

Ooh, OOH!  You gals were in Twig this year!  SO CUTE!!!!  I can't wait to catch one of your shows!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Lee and I will be participating in the parade and toasting with the King and Queen on Sept. 26 - plus free tickets to the feast of fantasy!  All because people liked our vow renewal story. (Thanks everyone!)  Even if I make it through academy and become a street character - I can still participate (received official permission from the entertainment dept)   ;D  I'm all giddy now!   :D 
Everything goes better with giggles

LadyFae

Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: auntiegiggles on July 17, 2010, 09:21:11 PM
Lee and I will be participating in the parade and toasting with the King and Queen on Sept. 26 - plus free tickets to the feast of fantasy!  All because people liked our vow renewal story. (Thanks everyone!)  Even if I make it through academy and become a street character - I can still participate (received official permission from the entertainment dept)   ;D  I'm all giddy now!   :D 

Very cool!!

Caterina (or, the artist formerly known as Caterina? ;)), I'm looking forward to seeing your new act!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Will Gamwell

For those that weren't at Dress Press, or were at Dress Press and didn't see it, here is a little bit of what I'll be doing at Fest this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTCiORtudQ

. . . . Minus the falling on my face at the end.

. . . nevermind, that just might happen as well.

Please note that this is very rough compared to what it is now.

auntiegiggles

I will be a street character!  Lady Inga Greeves - slightly crazy, eccentric.  She refers to her pet bird (Henry)  and pet cat (Elizabeth) as her children.   Look for me at Opening Gate as well.  I will be standing next to the Queen Mum  ;D  WOO-HOO!  I will be front and off to the right!

saphire_glade

Quote from: auntiegiggles on August 16, 2010, 09:14:07 PM
I will be a street character!  Lady Inga Greeves - slightly crazy, eccentric.  She refers to her pet bird (Henry)  and pet cat (Elizabeth) as her children.   Look for me at Opening Gate as well.  I will be standing next to the Queen Mum  ;D  WOO-HOO!  I will be front and off to the right!

Exciting! I have never been part of the front gate show. They never ask me to and they didn't do the gate show for rookies until I had been through acedemy.

I can't wait to see you play on the street. I hope to get to play with you... the thing there is that requires me not being swamped with children. Last year I was... I just hope this year that I can convince a few people to come save me so I can go back stage adn get water and food more than once in the day. Last year that is what happened.... so if I look warm and like I am going to eat my bandana that I use as towels please come and try save me from my fate.

The trick to that is tie something shiny to the end of a stick and I will happily follow it to the watering hole!
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

auntiegiggles

QuoteThe trick to that is tie something shiny to the end of a stick and I will happily follow it to the watering hole!

That should be easy since I am also a Jewelry Merchant's wife!  LOL!