News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Theater for kids (Bethesda)

Started by gypsylakat, July 13, 2010, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

I work for a summer camp with Elementary schools. We had a field trip today to the Imagination Stage in Bethesda, they're currently running two plays/musicals based on pirates, the one we saw was called "how I became a pirate" I think it's based on a kids book and it was a FANTASTIC show, great special effects and staging and a great show with some cute songs and some really good songs as well. There is a little fun for all and even a tiny bit of World Cup nodding by the french Buccaneer (sp?) They have another show running that is for ages 7 and up, I think ours was for all ages. There was a little bit of audience interaction (everyone yell YAR at this point, actors would talk to children on the aisles during a few points, there was an interactive improv pirate chanty)

So what I'm getting at is- If you have some time, and a small child, you should definitely check it out, not sure on pricing because ours were paid for by the camp, but I think it's probably worth it.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."