News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Cheap, fun, historical Event: southeast MI, July 9-11th

Started by shadowcat546, July 03, 2010, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowcat546

Hello all: I invite you to a fun historical, low-cost event. Shelby Twsp, MI., (southeast MI) near 26 & Mound roads--Stony Creek Metroparks. THey'll be having "Grand Encampment", which is a 1750's re-enactmentment of a fort's surrender.  It's Living History: like Ft. Mackinaw or Greenfield Village.

So far, the weather may be too warm for me to _go and sell my goods_, but I'm hoping that changes.__ For those of you who've seen me sell goods at Holly, I'll have clothes, wilton armetale & pewter mugs/plates/bowls, pottery mugs/plates, shoes, etc. There will be many merchants there, and food vendors too. Camps open from 10am-5pm. There will be military & battles, native amer.'s, colonials, french & british, demonstrations, etc.
Feel free to message me thru this site email for details, or confirmation that I'll be there (on Fri &/or Sat., not Sun.), or a link to my website: on Webshots, pictures of items for sale.__ Only costs $4.00 per car for entrance all day (go picnic/grill/sail/bicycle/rollerblade/golf/fish/swim). Costs nothing to see the reenactors at Oakgrove & Lakeview Picnic sites.   www.grandencampment.itgo.com
-Shannon __The Colonial Peddler
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

NefariousDrO

Aw man! That's the opening weekend for Silverleaf, and I'd already made commitments to meet someone there! This sounds like it could be alot of fun, too!

shadowcat546

Hi.  There's also reenacting in the early, and mid parts of August, here in southeast MI.  And the last wknd in Sept., in Bay City, MI there's another large one, right along the river.  I know that those coincide with other Faires around, but if you've a mind to go, just write me for details.
---Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Poldugarian Warrior

Seen this post late, but i see you sell armatale, at what booth at Michrenfest. I'd like to stop by to see what you carry. I have one of those percussion pistol mugs, looking to see what else armetale made.