News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Why is Opening Weekend the best?

Started by Desdemona, June 03, 2008, 08:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desdemona

Hi, Everyone

I'm planning on going to the Bristol Faire this year for the first time.  I've been to the one in Atlanta and a small one in Kentucky.

What's good about opening weekend?  It seems like that's when things might be a little disorganized and still working the "bugs" out.

Des

beeboy

cuz Rage, LadieDragon, Erynn, and I will be there :)

also because its good energy because all the local rennies have been dyingg to get back to their local faire so they usually try to flock out

Rage

I think Bristol has been around long enough not to hae opening day "jitters"

Its LD * my first time there and that was a 3 day weekend for me.

Dayna

You get first pick of the lovely goods for sale, the grass is still grass, the energy is incredible.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Margaret

It's like going back to school over the summer.

You get to see friends you have not seen in a long time.  You get to show off you new garb, arms, spouse, or new lack thereof.  ;)  There are new things to see and new things to buy.  You get to meet people in person that you have only spoken to online.  It's the culmination of all the excitement that has been building since the faire closed it's gates for the season.

Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

William Blackheath

Unilady and Margaret have hit it spot on.  There is a vibrancy to opening weekend, like the first true day of spring.  No jitters, Rage, but there have been glitches.  A few years back ( I think it was when they changed vendors) there was no beer available at the Pig 'N Whistle for most of the day.  Oh, the horror!  But instances like that are few and far between.  The cast, performers and merchants at Bristol are all true professionals and more than able to overcome the inevitable bugs.  It's like the first performace of a new play.  The adrenaline kicks in, and the energy generated grows until it affects everyone in its path.  Even if you've gone for years you still get excited, because it's that time of year again to play!   ;D