News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Second annual Open Casting Call for ALRF!

Started by renfairephotog, July 16, 2010, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

They posted this on Myspace. I'll repost it here.

Want to come to the Feast or the Faire, but haven't a thing to wear?! No problem! We can help you out in that area. It's a free costume workshop where you bring your favorite fabric, and get a basic outfit measured, cut, and sewn right on the spot!

2'nd Annual Ren Faire Open Casting Call!!!
I'm here to invite anyone and everyone to attend the 2'nd annual AL Ren Faire open casting call. We've always viewed ourselves as a community event, and giving the community (local and abroad) a chance to get more involved with the entertainment side of things is the natural next step. We offer the free costume workshop where you can get a basic outfit made on the spot, to take home and "dress up" to be something truely unique. Now, no longer will you be just another spectator in a costume. You can join in the fun, helping us to make the faire one of the top events in the South East!!

What roles are available:

I will list examples of roles that we are looking to have filled, however we also understand that you could very well have a unique idea all your own to bring to the table.

Ladies in waiting and general Courtiers - Ladies in Waiting are there to attend to the Queen and her needs. Courtiers are Nobles who make up the Royal Court. Easy enough - just don a noble/royal looking costume and stand around her Majesty for the day(s). Look important, and get massive photo ops to boot!

Guards/soldiers - Simple task of guarding the Royal Court and keeping everyone safe. One only has to look "cool", no combat training necessary. All we're looking for are some guys who can don a costume, wear a sword, and hang around the Royal Court during the Faire. We'd also like some guards for the Feast the week before. If you're in need of a blade, you can find some for $20 on Amazon. Inexpensive, but they don't look bad, and will work in a pinch if you need a quick sword.

"Bring Out Your Dead" cart - The famous cart from Monty Python's Holy Grail,'Nuff said. Easily done by one or more people. We have the cart, we just need someone(s) willing to do the famous bit.

Dung Collector - Simple character who travels about with his/her cart collecting their namesake. Good for laughs. A wheel barrow filled with dark dirt/soil and you're good to go.

Washer Wenches - Peasant ladies who wash clothes in the fountain, and offer similar services to faire patrons. Get a peasant/wench outfit (you can find pics online) and take some old cloth/rags. That's all you need. Interaction with the general pubic is key!

Chaucer and members of his "Canturbery Tales" - We have long wanted these represented for years.

Royal Executioner - We have Stocks that were perfect photo ops last year. This person oversees them, and encourages folks to give them a try.

Court Jester - Making her Majesty laugh is their primary task, but entertaing the crowd with jokes and bufoonery is a definate must.

Bearer of the State Sword - Sword carried during the Royal Progress around the Faire grounds. You carry the sword, and look cool doing it. As we only progress with the parade ttwice over the weekend, the rest of the time you'll be a soldier/guard.

General volunteers - We are always needing help with setup/takedown, and during the event with childrens activities, helping at our official booth, e.t.c.

When and Where:

Tuesday, September 14'th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Richards Center (Florence City Schools Board of Ed)
541 Riverview Drive Florence, AL 35630
Florence City Board of Education

Faire dates are (for performance purposes):

October 16'th - Renaissance Feast 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m (starts at 7 but be early)
October 23'th and 24'th 2010 - Renaissance Faire
Saturday October 23'rd - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
sunday October 24'th - 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

I look forward to seeing anyone and everyone who would like the chance to work with the AL Renaissance Faire!

Read more:
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lord William

Thanks for that! I'm falling behind on my duties  :P Much obliged!!