News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renewal of Vows Invite

Started by Lady Jai, June 03, 2008, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jai

Hear ye, Hear ye!

Be it known that thou are hereby invited to attend the renewal of vows of Tim and Jaime Taylor in celebration of 15 years of marriage.

The festivities will commence on the 14th day of June at 1:30 pm, at the labyrinth at the Virginia Renaissance Faire at Lake Anna.

Please come and make merry with us!

All who wish to attend in their finest renaissance, pirate or Celtic garb are encouraged to do so.

Virginia Renaissance Faire
http://www.varf.org
Admission is $7 for those 6 and older
At Lake Anna Winery
5621 Courthouse Road
Spotsylvania, VA 22551
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Scotsman

Will there be beer ...

... then color me there!

Whose gonna give away Tim? I hear the bride is already spoken for  ;D

Lady Guinness and I look forward to the ceremony! You can count on us.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Hey, that is when I get my break!  SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!  I'll be there for sure!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

It may be of minor interest to note that the renewal of vows is at the same time as Court of Love ... coincidence? Or conspiracy? Hmmmmmmm!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Lady Jai,

I'm gonna shoot to make your renewals next Saturday in lieu of this Saturday!
(My Sunday work schedule changed yesterday to come in later... ;D)
Lady M
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 03, 2008, 11:39:20 AM
Lady Jai,
I'm gonna to shoot to make your renewals next Saturday in lieu of this Saturday!
Lady M
This actually works better for this is the M'Crack family gathering weekend as well. We can't have you missing a family function can we?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Jai

Quote from: Feline Groovy on June 03, 2008, 11:23:18 AM
It may be of minor interest to note that the renewal of vows is at the same time as Court of Love ... coincidence? Or conspiracy? Hmmmmmmm!

That is interesting.  We were given a window of opportunity and after discussions with Capt Fletcher Moone that was the time he requested.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

mehan

Lady J....

Can you give us a small sneak preview of what you and he will be wearing.... colors perhaps?

aidenoffairfax

Does that mean that court of love is being moved to the labrynth that day? I think that would be a very interesting court of love quite frankly... at least I won't get charged with anything if that's the case.
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Keb

hm. I was planning to bring my folks up on charges (though I haven't got the phrasing quite right yet) at the court of love since the 14th will be their 33rd anniversary. But I don't want to step on any toes.

will paisley

Quote from: Keb on June 03, 2008, 01:27:36 PM
hm. I was planning to bring my folks up on charges (though I haven't got the phrasing quite right yet) at the court of love since the 14th will be their 33rd anniversary. But I don't want to step on any toes.

You can always vary the wording a little bit and bring them up at the Court of Common Pleas at 3:30.  You can even give the truth as an excuse for not bringing it up at the Court of Courtly Love (or say that men always lose at that court, or describe that as the criminal suit and this as the civil suit).  Find someone in the village to help you, and if they don't have a specific appointment at that time, they'll be glad to help you.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: Scotsman on June 03, 2008, 11:50:46 AM
Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 03, 2008, 11:39:20 AM
Lady Jai,
I'm gonna to shoot to make your renewals next Saturday in lieu of this Saturday!
Lady M
This actually works better for this is the M'Crack family gathering weekend as well. We can't have you missing a family function can we?

Well since you guys are my family, I much prefer to be there!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady Jai

Quote from: mehan on June 03, 2008, 12:31:23 PM
Lady J....

Can you give us a small sneak preview of what you and he will be wearing.... colors perhaps?

Lady Kathleen of Olmstead is making me an Irish dress.  It is hunter green and will have a saffron underskirt.  Do the colors sound familiar?  I will have Tim post a picture when he gets home.

Tim will be wearing a Saffron kilt.  Not sure about the shirt.

Braeden will be in a kilt and Syd will be in her blue dress that she always wears.

I can't wait to see you.  Sorry we missed you last weekend.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Scotsman

Good. The Clan should be exercising Saffron Saturday and I will ensure I am in my Hunter green Jacobite. We will look like quite the crew I suppose.

I just need to stay sober past 1:30 ... that is going to be a huge stretch!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Jai

Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:11:27 AM
Good. The Clan should be exercising Saffron Saturday and I will ensure I am in my Hunter green Jacobite. We will look like quite the crew I suppose.

I just need to stay sober past 1:30 ... that is going to be a huge stretch!

I guess that means that I have to also.  I guess that means no tailgating with you before hand.  Now I am sad.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n