News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renewal of Vows Invite

Started by Lady Jai, June 03, 2008, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenGoose

I believe the Captain chose the Court of Love slot so that he would be otherwise engaged and not ABLE to be brought up on charges....

(well, okay, really, between his pub shows and managing the scripted scenes, he only has so many windows...)

Court of Love will still be in Nobles Glade...to keep Tim safe from judgement!

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Jai on June 04, 2008, 07:28:19 AM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:11:27 AM
Good. The Clan should be exercising Saffron Saturday and I will ensure I am in my Hunter green Jacobite. We will look like quite the crew I suppose.

I just need to stay sober past 1:30 ... that is going to be a huge stretch!

I guess that means that I have to also.  I guess that means no tailgating with you before hand.  Now I am sad.

Whoa Lass ... lets not get too hasty, we need to evaluate the situation! Upon further review, maybe a little libation would not be such a bad thing ... because of the heat you know. Plus it is my little way of stimulating the local economy. I always try to do my part.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Jai

Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 07:42:22 AM
Quote from: Lady Jai on June 04, 2008, 07:28:19 AM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:11:27 AM
Good. The Clan should be exercising Saffron Saturday and I will ensure I am in my Hunter green Jacobite. We will look like quite the crew I suppose.

I just need to stay sober past 1:30 ... that is going to be a huge stretch!

I guess that means that I have to also.  I guess that means no tailgating with you before hand.  Now I am sad.

Whoa Lass ... lets not get too hasty, we need to evaluate the situation! Upon further review, maybe a little libation would not be such a bad thing ... because of the heat you know. Plus it is my little way of stimulating the local economy. I always try to do my part.

Okay if you insist.  I can always blame it all on you.   ;)
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Scotsman

Thats my lass!

... blame me, everyone else does!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

Diane, the boys and I will be there. We are excited to see you, Tim and the family again. We added kilts to our collection so we will probably save the pirate garb for Sunday.  ;D
Fight'n

Lady Jai

Quote from: Dallan on June 04, 2008, 09:14:09 AM
Diane, the boys and I will be there. We are excited to see you, Tim and the family again. We added kilts to our collection so we will probably save the pirate garb for Sunday.  ;D

We can't wait to see you and your family.

M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Lady de la Warr

Lady Jai - you know my beloved and I will be there! We wouldn't miss it for the world!!

I'll be in my black gown as my green gown met with an unfortunate mishap.........so it's completely destroyed  >:(

However I'll make sure Dallas wears his saffron shirt with his kilt for sure!

Glad I looked at this thread so I can tell him about the saffron thing  :)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Say it isn't so m'Lady!!! What tragic plight occured to the green dress?  You didn't take it to the Dry Cleaners I took the black velvet skirt to did you?   ???
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 06, 2008, 09:46:44 PM
Say it isn't so m'Lady!!! What tragic plight occured to the green dress?  You didn't take it to the Dry Cleaners I took the black velvet skirt to did you?   ???

Uhhh...........yeah. Something like that.

Let's just say the "velvet" wasn't really velvet. It was some sort of polyester backing with the "velvet" GLUED on. So when they tried to clean it the "velvet" just started peeling off in sheets. It's a wreck. I cannot believe someone would take all that time to make that gown - using a dry cleanable brocade to boot - and use such substandard material for the rest. Unbelievable. But yeah - it's ruined and irretrievably lost unless I take it apart and replace all the velvet - which is basically the whole gown.

Incidentally the brocade is just fine so I may just go out and buy some green velvet and try my hand at remaking it. I'm sure I can do the skirt, it's the bodice I'm a little iffy on. That will be a real challenge. I might be able to do it if I take a pattern off the old one. The only thing is I'll have to figure out where I can have the grommets put back into the bodice as I have NO idea where to to take it to get that sort of thing done.

So yeah..........it's toast.

A shoe repair shop can help you with the grommetts.  I would take in the specific ones you want used.  There are hand ones you can get at a fabric store however I would just take it in to the shoe cobbler.

Lady de la Warr

I don't know of any "real" shoe repair shops around where I live. I guess I'll have to search for one somewhere.

I think I can get the proper sized grommets at JoAnn's though I agree I think I'd rather have them professionally done.

OK - back on topic now!!! LOL!

I cannot wait for this vow renewal!! I have been SOOO jonesing for faire but have been unable to go. Now I'm healed up (mostly) and more than ready to go Faire-ing!! What better day to go back to faire but for my dear friends' wedding vow renewal!!

You can always send it down to me and I've got a place for garb/garment fixing.  I'll hook ya up Girl!

Yes, back on topic...

Lady Jai, sent you an e-mail regarding Fri/Sat.  Adjusting to some recent life changes down here.   ::)

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 07, 2008, 06:14:06 AM
You can always send it down to me and I've got a place for garb/garment fixing.  I'll hook ya up Girl!

Yes, back on topic...

Lady Jai, sent you an e-mail regarding Fri/Sat.  Adjusting to some recent life changes down here.   ::)

Just might take you up on that Milady  ;)

Well - I got out the black gown today. Did some spot cleaning on it (basically scrubbing/shaking out the North Carolina mud that was all around the hem from Guard'n and Peddl'n's wedding in April - I'm scared to take it to the cleaners now). Washed up my Medieval Moccassins - they are drying in the garage with tissue paper in them..........so I think I'm ready for the M'Crack invasion folks!!

Lady Jai

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on June 06, 2008, 10:29:37 PM
I cannot wait for this vow renewal!! I have been SOOO jonesing for faire but have been unable to go. Now I'm healed up (mostly) and more than ready to go Faire-ing!! What better day to go back to faire but for my dear friends' wedding vow renewal!!

You are too kind.  We can't wait to see you guys.  We miss you.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Jai on June 07, 2008, 02:59:29 PM
Quote from: Lady de la Warr on June 06, 2008, 10:29:37 PM

You are too kind.  We can't wait to see you guys.  We miss you.

We miss you too my dear. One more week!! YAY!!!!!