News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renewal of Vows Invite

Started by Lady Jai, June 03, 2008, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Good move Lady de la Warr after my experience with black velvet at the dry cleaners, I will be cleaning the velvet garb in same manner, spot cleaning, shaking, repeat.  A garb maker at the Loch Norman Highland Games suggested Dryel, eventually I'm gonna grab some velvet, run it through with Dryel BEFORE it's made into something beautiful to test the fabric.

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

i use DRYEL on all my garb, it works great, low heat setting for 20 mins. and it's just like new again! ;D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady de la Warr

Dryel - what a great idea! I even have some.

I'll have to try it on something non-critical. Like maybe my purse. It's velvet.........and black.

Hmmmm....................

Thanks ladies!

Incidentally, the gown looks beautiful again. I managed to get all the dried mud out of the hem - and went over the bodice lightly with a damp cloth both with and against the nap. Fluffed it up some and got all the "lines" out of it. So it looks great  - I think I'm ready for next Saturday!

Lairde Guardn

Ok, Peddlin and I will be at the ceremony as well.......we will have Loose'n, Yankin, Scratch, Chuck'n, Pinn'n, Deepin and a pet and lepus in tow.

Chuck'n, Deep'n and me will all be in Saffron Kilt and Green shirt...

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

Saffron Saturday is offically on!!!

I got a new Hunter Green Jacobite just for the wedding ... with the weather, I should be soaked by 10!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on June 06, 2008, 10:03:02 PM
Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 06, 2008, 09:46:44 PM
Say it isn't so m'Lady!!! What tragic plight occured to the green dress?  You didn't take it to the Dry Cleaners I took the black velvet skirt to did you?   ???

Uhhh...........yeah. Something like that.

Let's just say the "velvet" wasn't really velvet. It was some sort of polyester backing with the "velvet" GLUED on. So when they tried to clean it the "velvet" just started peeling off in sheets. It's a wreck. I cannot believe someone would take all that time to make that gown - using a dry cleanable brocade to boot - and use such substandard material for the rest. Unbelievable. But yeah - it's ruined and irretrievably lost unless I take it apart and replace all the velvet - which is basically the whole gown.

Incidentally the brocade is just fine so I may just go out and buy some green velvet and try my hand at remaking it. I'm sure I can do the skirt, it's the bodice I'm a little iffy on. That will be a real challenge. I might be able to do it if I take a pattern off the old one. The only thing is I'll have to figure out where I can have the grommets put back into the bodice as I have NO idea where to to take it to get that sort of thing done.

So yeah..........it's toast.

I have a grommet setting and the big grommets so you get the bodice done and I'll put the grommets in for you.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Master James - you are awesome my friend!!

I am going to try to have the dress done for July 4th weekend - so I may have to make a trip out to see you for this. I'm going to GLMF for the 4th weekend - and I am down to only one gown - which will NEVER do in the heat (ewww gross).

I have fabric swatches on the way as we speak - I may even have them for Saturday so you all can help me choose. Once I make the choice I'll have the fabric either overnighted or priority mailed (I cannot find what I want locally) so I can get busy and get it done

So if I can have this bodice done in time do you think we can take care of it in time?

Master James

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on June 10, 2008, 08:21:31 PM
Master James - you are awesome my friend!!

I am going to try to have the dress done for July 4th weekend - so I may have to make a trip out to see you for this. I'm going to GLMF for the 4th weekend - and I am down to only one gown - which will NEVER do in the heat (ewww gross).

I have fabric swatches on the way as we speak - I may even have them for Saturday so you all can help me choose. Once I make the choice I'll have the fabric either overnighted or priority mailed (I cannot find what I want locally) so I can get busy and get it done

So if I can have this bodice done in time do you think we can take care of it in time?

That will not be a problem as it only really takes about 10 minutes to do it.  You get it done and I can do it.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Milord - I thank thee profusely!!

Now all I need to do is get some fabric here and get busy!! Wish me luck - I'm never made a court gown before (yikes!!)

:)

sir oswyn dagworth

I will be kilted in green and also wearing a saffron shirt so I'll have the weekends theme only backwards. I'll also have the magic recording box to store bribe material....
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Scotsman

Quote from: sir oswyn dagworth on June 11, 2008, 04:49:12 PM
I will be kilted in green and also wearing a saffron shirt so I'll have the weekends theme only backwards. I'll also have the magic recording box to store bribe material....

The Bizzaro M'Crack! I love it!
Looking forward to this weekend ... just one more day!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

sir oswyn dagworth

What can I say....I'm a rebel....
Smack'n M"Crack

Lady Jai

Dress has arrived.  I will see if I can get Tim to post pictures tonight.

We can't wait to see all our friends on Saturday.

Items for favors however did not.  :(
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Tim T

I'll also have the magic recording box to store bribe material....

You're not expecting Scotsman to do anything improper, are you?!
;)
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

sir oswyn dagworth

You, Greg, some random dude.....doesn't matter.....I'm equal opportunity.

Quote from: Tim T on June 12, 2008, 09:01:36 PM
I'll also have the magic recording box to store bribe material....

You're not expecting Scotsman to do anything improper, are you?!
;)
Smack'n M"Crack