News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Ren Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, July 19, 2010, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

I know it's a little early but has anyone heard anything about it (prices, times, etc)?

Bev the Bossy

http://www.dmrenfaire.com/ Some 2010 info is listed on their website. No prices set yet for the weekends though.  :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

I am very proud to announce that the new issue of Renaissance Magazine just came out featuring the Des Moines Renaissance Faire and our very own King Edward of "Have Court Will Travel", on the cover. It also sports a beautiful full two page court portrait of us at the beginning, with other separate pictures of us and other great performers throughout. Huzzah!!! Our "Have Court Will Travel", is based out of Iowa and can be seen performing throughout different faires. Congrats to everyone who made the issue.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Knight of the Holy Blade of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

angusmacinnes

Huzzah lad.  Can't wait to get my copy now.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Rowan MacD

I've been teasing folks on Facebook about being in the Great Ren Rag  ;D
  Hope I get my picture in it this year!
  I have to work opening day, but we plan to be up there ASAP from Omaha.  Probably be there Sunday and Monday, so we have a chance to outfit the girls again this year.
   I will need a hat form Felicity.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lord Clisto of York

It will be nice to see you. Stop me and say hi. Will be with the court.

Rowan MacD

I most certainly will, Milord.   
   If young Sir Dhi Dhu will behave we will present him to the queen once more,  though he is a bit larger than the little black fluff ball the ladies so adored last year at court. 
   While he is very friendly to all people and well socialized around other dogs and animals, it seems he has developed an unholy antipathy for horses, and if he cannot contain himself he will stay home.
   ~YIS
  Rowen MacD
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Well, he must come out. Her majesty would be most happy to see him as would I Just to see how much he has grown if for anything else. But I guarantee, the ladies will still find him the main attraction.

And, to him, a horse is just another large dog. Besides, he is scottish so it is to be expected when in an English realm, animals or human.

Celtic Lady

With faire only 23 days away (can you believe it?) I was wondering, who will be there and when (as long as there is no more flooding there)?

Lord Clisto of York

I will be there performing for sure. Unless the rain doesnt stop and I have no way of getting through. I do hope and pray the rain they are getting does finally end. Lots of people are really hurting from it. I know first hand from all our flooding we had in the milwaukee area as well some weeks back.

Dustin

I might be there second weekend. We have other plans (including the circus) for Labor Day weekend, and the Quad Cities Celtic Festival and Highland Games is the third weekend.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Celtic Lady on July 19, 2010, 09:39:35 PM
I know it's a little early but has anyone heard anything about it (prices, times, etc)?

Hi Celtic lady,

I have written Greg from the faire to see if he can tell me the prices for this season etc. I mentioned the site isnt updated yet and that people have been asking. I will post as soon as I hear anything.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Ok everyone, as promised, I wrote to Greg the owner of the faire and got this info so I am posting it -

The reg. price is $16, but there's a military half-price special  AND people can stop at Casey's General Stores (gas stations) and get the $2-off flier; there's also advanced discount tix at metro Hy-Vees.   Two-day pass = $25 and 7-day pass = $35

The site is being worked on

Lord Clisto

Rowan MacD

Thank you Milord!
   Right now it looks as if I will not have to work Labor day weekend (Woot).  We can make opening gate!
  OMG, I can't wait...
~Rowen MacD
IWG wench #3139 

Sir Ironhead

Half off for military and I'm stuck 1200 miles away in El Paso, TX.  It is official, I am bummed  :(
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41