News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Ren Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, July 19, 2010, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

HUZZAH!!! Will be grand to se him again. We got along very well.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Lady Rosalind

3!!! ACK!!!!!!!!! The Queen and I are headed to the faire site tomorrow evening to decorate the Royal Jousting Box! Very excited!!!!!!!!!!

Rowan MacD

Still praying for good weather! NWS says 70's and fair!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Celtic Lady

Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Praying for cool temps, nice breezes, white fluffy clouds, and NO RAIN!!!!!
Friday I'm picking up my new bodices. Found some very pretty material and bought more than needed so I traded what was left of it for the sewing of them. So looking forward to wearing one of them opening day  ;D.

Rowan MacD

National weather service predicts a GORGEOUS weekend.
Saturday-sunny and 74, Sunday-sunny and 80, Labor day-sunny and 86.....
  Two. More. Days :D
   Already have our room booked in Ankeny.....

IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

The weather should be the greatest. Hope the crowds are. I am in town now and faire opens in -
10 hours, 15 minutes

Lady Renee Buchanan

Alas, we can't make the faire this year, but I heard that Brian Leo, "Tinker," will be appearing next weekend with 2 other women in a singing group.

If you can possibly get to the faire, everyone, don't miss this!  He is a Bristol regular and a wonderful performer.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Rowan MacD

Wonderful seeing everyone again!  Amazing the only rain we had held off till just after closing gate show on Sunday  ;D
  We'll be out on Sunday next, with the young Sir Dhi. (My grandson's birthday party is Saturday).
   New acts this year-The Three Musketeers-marvelous, my nephew loved 'sword fighting' Artemis!
The Hapsburg Princess Pahmeallia-My sides hurt from laughing.  She is just precious!
  The Princess is as bratty as ever and even louder (loved it!)

IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

It was great seeing you and many others back for another three weeks of fun. Yes... Princess Margaret is brattier then ever and LOUD doesn't come close to describing her demeanor. I try my best to keep her in check, but it seems that only jewels silence her for a while. I will be loading up on them from my Keep for this coming weekend. I am working on my pictures from the first weekend of which I could take while performing. There are many, so, it will be a little while. But, rest assured, I will announce when they are up. In the meanwhile, if anyone has Facebook, I have posted some on there.

Also, the weather was wonderful all three days. So was the wine...

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'Lady and I, along with two young lads will be attending this weekend.  Is there any meeting place/time for forum people planned?

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 08, 2010, 05:45:36 AM
M'Lady and I, along with two young lads will be attending this weekend.  Is there any meeting place/time for forum people planned?
I do not think there is a formal meeting place.  Normally, I would recommend the Royal Court area, but there does not seem to be a set gathering place for anyone this year.
 Milord is most welcome to bring the lads to see the Forking Queen to be knighted.  She will be able to tell you where to find most of us who are there.  Sir Clisto and I are both on Facebook, as are quite a few more.  Many of us can be found there via the Des Moines Renaissance fair page.   If it pleases, friend me, and include your forum name so that I might know you.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on September 07, 2010, 08:05:51 PM
I was not able to make time for wine tasting last weekend, and Somerset is not allowing samples of the mead this time, :'(  but I can certainly recommend it!
IWG wench #3139 

Celtic Lady

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 08, 2010, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on September 07, 2010, 08:05:51 PM
I was not able to make time for wine tasting last weekend, and Somerset is not allowing samples of the mead this time, :'(  but I can certainly recommend it!
I understand that they will be bringing the mead to faire this weekend  ;D.

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 08, 2010, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 08, 2010, 05:45:36 AM
M'Lady and I, along with two young lads will be attending this weekend.  Is there any meeting place/time for forum people planned?
I do not think there is a formal meeting place.  Normally, I would recommend the Royal Court area, but there does not seem to be a set gathering place for anyone this year.
  Milord is most welcome to bring the lads to see the Forking Queen to be knighted.  She will be able to tell you where to find most of us who are there.  Sir Clisto and I are both on Facebook, as are quite a few more.  Many of us can be found there via the Des Moines Renaissance fair page.   If it pleases, friend me, and include your forum name so that I might know you. 
Sir Morgan and I will be there Sunday around noon... after he gets off work. We'd love to meet up with fellow R/F'ers. I think it would be fun. We could meet up at the pub there. 1:00 would work for us. Anyone else interested?

Lord Clisto of York

I made the wine area on a few occasions. I ate lunch on Monday there and washed it down with a bottle of wine at my little table. Anyway, hope to see everyone there again for more fun.

By the way - Hi everyone,

I just finished putting up my pictures from the Des Moines Renaissance Faire this past opening weekend 9/4,5,6/2010. The faire is located in Sleepy Hollow Park in Des Moines, Iowa. The faire runs for three weekends including Labor Day. Weather was fantastic. To see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Des Moines Faire link. Hope you all like them.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Invictus Maneo

Lord Clisto,Duke of York
Knight of the Holy Blade of York