News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Ren Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, July 19, 2010, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

Looks like we will be there Saturday afternoon after I get off work. Huzzah!

Lord Clisto of York

Already packing and putting things in the outer hallway to load up for this weekend coming. Then its the next two weekends as well.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rowan MacD

Looks like we will be there Labor day, we will head for DM on Sunday afternoon since it's just a 2 hour drive from Omaha (or if I drive, about 1.5 hours ;D)..... Only chance of rain is 30% on Saturday. Sunday looks gorgeous.  Labor Day forecast is 72 and SUNNY!
 See you there!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Genievea Brookstone

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on August 08, 2011, 11:16:40 PM
Well, just a few weeks left before the Des Moines Renaissance Faire is open again. It will be Labor Day weekend including Labor Day.  I will be there with the court performing. Can't wait to see all my friends there once again. Getting Bristol done for the moment. So, who else is planning on going or returning or will be first timers?

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

We will be heading to the DM faire for the second weekend.  It will be our first time there.  Its been a long summer of non-fairing and we are both excited to make this new adventure!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Rowan MacD

David and I made it today, gorgeous weather and great crowds.  Got to see some friends and make some new ones ^_^.
  I need some more favors for next weekend, and it's great that some other folks are making some too  ;D.
   New/old traditions are fun!
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

The only day I could not be there. Dang...

Rowan MacD

You'll be there next weekend?  I still need to post the pics from yesterday.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We shall be there this coming Saturday.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Please find us!
   I look forward to seeing everyone again...Pics are up on facebook.. only 72 of them since I had quite a few I didn't put on.   Tag yourself, it helps me learn faces ^_^.
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

I am there for the entire run. So, I will see everyone there again this weekend. I am working on my pics now. I put some up on facebook, but they will all be on my website as usual. I took over 120. Need to pick through them.

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 07, 2011, 12:26:56 PM
  Please find us!
   I look forward to seeing everyone again...Pics are up on facebook.. only 72 of them since I had quite a few I didn't put on.   Tag yourself, it helps me learn faces ^_^.

I almost didn't recognize you this weekend! I was looking for the dress you wear in your profile, not the new garb. Your noble garb turned out lovely!

Lord Clisto of York

Just finished posting my Week 1 pictures of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire. Heading back for week two this weekend. To see the pictures, click on the link below and go to the Des Moines Renaissance Faire link.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on September 07, 2011, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 07, 2011, 12:26:56 PM
  Please find us!

I almost didn't recognize you this weekend! I was looking for the dress you wear in your profile, not the new garb. Your noble garb turned out lovely!
Thank you ^_^.
   My partlet with ruff was made by our own Lady Kathleen Olmstead (plug) who also made a black velvet overpartlet for my Henrican Tudor gown. 
   This winter I am going to try my hand at making the Simplicity 3782 pattern.  My first attempt at making an entire dress.
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Just finished posting all my pictures from this past second weekend of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire. Just click on the link to see them. Hope you like them. Going back for the final weekend this week so i will have more.

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we6.html

Lord Clisto of York

Preparing for a great weekend. I will be off work tonight at midnight then home to pack and get a short hour nap before heading out back to Des Moines, Iowa for last weekend of faire. So far it looks to be A cool 63 degrees Sat and partly cloudy and 73 degrees Sunday but talking 50 to 60 % rain Sunday. Oh well, maybe it will pass. It is what it is.