News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend of 7/18

Started by DarkLord, July 19, 2010, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkLord

'Twas an excellent weekend for a pilgrimage to  Sterling Faire.  The weather was clear and fairly breezy.  A number of people thought that it was a bit hot, but frankly buried in all that leather it's hard for me to tell.   I start to get suspicious when rivulets run down my face but it didn't happen on Saturday or the few hours I could stay before driving back on Sunday.  I'm sure if I wanted to cool down I could have sat somewhere in the audience of the washerwomen, however I have a certain fear of flying water.  Especially when the buckets come out!  Those ladies are most energetic!

I ran into many of the friends  that I normally see , along with a number of new ones!  Okay I missed Irish and Lady Amy but that was expected.  Several friends from PARF were there at the same time, two of which were renewing their vows.  Although I could not stay to see it I know they were looking forward  with anticipation.   Sir Douglas it was great talking to you.  I am certain that Sterling is in the best hands it could be.

I thought the street cast was great.  I had interaction at least three to four times and they are a really fun crew.  'Twas most humiliating, of course, to lose the arm-wrestling battle to the lady while competing for the first ale of the day, yet I was most distracted as she stroked my horns, breaking my concentration completely.

Hopefully I will still be able to find the time to enjoy myself similarly next year  ranging throughout the faire.  And yet I am less certain of this, since apparently I am the sworn minion of Lady Penelope.  As I'm sure you suspect, I take these words seriously. 

I,... say thy name..., promise to be the sworn minion of Lady Penelope, for ere and ere and ere.  And particularly, not to be the sworn minion of the Lord High Sheriff, my husband.  And now, tap your nose like this!   ...Not on the inside, on the outside of your helmet.

My Faire Accomplishment:  I finally got my picture taken on a horse.  I've been meaning to do that for quite some time now.  I'd already collected horse armor for the eventuality but never quite made the time to find the horse to wear it.  The photo collection grows!  I definitely  need to print a calendar.  Perhaps next year on the camel.

Hmm.  I think there's a dangling something-or-other in the preceding paragraph but we'll let some English teacher correct it.

Once again, an excellent weekend.

Vlad
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

irish

It's sounds like you had a fantastic time at faire!
I wish I was able to attend, but the 'Wine Gods', were calling me..... ::)
Yes, Sir Douglas, is truly taking great care with Sterling! We are grateful for his hard work and for him being nuts! LOL!  :D
I hope to meet you on a return trip, next year!

We were talking about a trip to Pa faire. I will let you know.....
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Darklord...sorry i missed you yesterday.

Maybe  we  will catch up  to you if  we  go  to P Arf  this year like we do evry year, not sure  though yet wheter we  are  going this year or  not.

Irish...if  you do decide  to  go to PARF  and we  end up  going too....let me know  what dates...maybe we can  do a group thing.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on July 19, 2010, 10:56:49 PM
Darklord...sorry i missed you yesterday.

Maybe  we  will catch up  to you if  we  go  to P Arf  this year like we do evry year, not sure  though yet wheter we  are  going this year or  not.

Irish...if  you do decide  to  go to PARF  and we  end up  going too....let me know  what dates...maybe we can  do a group thing.

My husband and I will be at PARF on Sept. 25 ~ it's their Oktoberfest weekend  ;D Let me know if you happen to choose that weekend, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you! 
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

DarkLord

Gee I finally got around to downloading pictures.  Funny.  I don't recall the horse being quite that peppy.  Perhaps it was that strong Sterling Ale.  But as we know photos don't lie :)
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

Lady Amy of York

What a great shot !  :)   It could be  used as a poster  for  Sterling maybe !

Getting the jousting horses  drunk are we  sir  ? ;D

Actually  i knew  this one  groom  at a barn that i use  to ride at  that would  give  the horses  ale . It was suppose  to help prevent colic, so he  said.  All i know is  that the horses loved it !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

Wow! What an awesome shot!
Sir Douglas should use it in a poster!  ;)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)