News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Questions bout mens garb

Started by crazyrennie, July 20, 2010, 02:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyrennie

Hey there,
My beloved and I are getting the outfits ready for our upcoming wedding-
She is going with verymerrysemstress and I am -probably-wearig a kilt.
So what kind of options do I have for the rest of my garb?
Thanks

Celtic Lady

well you will need a belt, a sporan, tall ghillies or some kind of tall boot looks good, perhaps a Scottish bonnet (similar to a beret), of course your shirt, a nice pennanular brooch, or maybe a kilt pin. mind you that these are suggestions for if you wear a kilt.

Lady Kett

<3 kilts!

You may also consider a Rob Roy type of jacket/doublet. My personal favorite are those from Pendragon's. If you click the "3D" view, you'll get a better image of what it looks like.

And depending on the formality, a Fly Plaid. That was the first good photo I could find, there are many other vendors who offer Fly Plaid's.

Lots of Scots wear feathers on their bonnets also, not just plain bonnets.

Congrats and good luck!

crazyrennie

So is it "wrong" that I am trying to find kilt in tartans that will complement my soon to be wife's dress?
Having a difficult time with colors

iain robb

Quote from: crazyrennie on January 25, 2011, 06:51:58 AM
So is it "wrong" that I am trying to find kilt in tartans that will complement my soon to be wife's dress?
Having a difficult time with colors

No! There are many, many tartans available, and even if you're uncomfortable wearing another clan's tartan, there are still a great many "universal" tartans that anyone should feel free to wear.

Anna Iram

Agreed. I think too, rather than try to cooridinate with your lady's gown you should pick a tartan you personally love. Hopefully you'll love it so much you'll wear it for many faire days to come.