News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Favorite TRF Characters

Started by Tudor-Diva, July 22, 2010, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tudor-Diva

I love getting feedback from you all.  Helps me do my job at TRF better.

Who are your top 3 favorite characters, those you look forward to seeing return, you seek out, you've have great interactions with, who've entertained you?
Stacy Bakri

ravic

Jingles, Queen Margaret, Diane's character du jour (Paddie, Malvina, etc.)

ravic

Oh.. & that Mona Lisa person, whoever she is...  :)

JackGonzo, MD

The one I noticed the most last year wass the fairy who drew on the ground...sorry can't remember the name for the life of me
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Breandan

since I don't get out much (damn near chained to the anvil, escaping for privy and food breaks), the only cast I really get to interact with are those who wander by, and the Scottish Court which is near us. So, my experiences have been happily sighing at several of the lasses in parade (I'm a closet lecherous romantic, long story), requesting tunes from Angus the bagpiper (love that guy), and making stuff for cast members on rare occasions. During those visits, however, while not in their principle setting, I have found all of them to be quite pleasant to deal with, even staying in character when they weren't "on the clock", so to speak. Then again, Jeff sneaks up on us regularly to see if we've set any patrons on fire, so... :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

Breandan

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Sir Martin

Quote from: JackGonzo on July 22, 2010, 03:22:13 PM
The one I noticed the most last year wass the fairy who drew on the ground...sorry can't remember the name for the life of me

Jack - this might be the fae you are thinking of.  I believe her name is spelled Ima (it is pronounced "ee-ma") and she does sand paintings by The Pavilion shoppe near the front gate.  She also sings, plays the banjo and flute.  Here she is near the end of the day at TRF heading towards one of the unofficial pub sings.

Sir Martin

Quote from: Tudor-Diva on July 22, 2010, 09:12:42 AM
I love getting feedback from you all.  Helps me do my job at TRF better.

Who are your top 3 favorite characters, those you look forward to seeing return, you seek out, you've have great interactions with, who've entertained you?

This is a really tough question because of the multitude of talent at our grand faire.  Three that come to mind are:

Lulu de Marsaille - the charming French Joust Maiden
Poppa Elf - Roger is always a delight
Captain Fletcher - a veteran crowd pleaser

I'm going to cheat here, but would be remiss if I did not mention actor, fighter, and pyrotechnician, Oskar Hasselhoff ... surely one of the most multi-talented performers at TRF.

Breandan

Seconding Oskar, known him for so long I forget to separate the friendship from the appreciation of the character, same with Cap'n Fletcher :-)

Queen Bonnie

The Pirates- all of them- love the pub sing! Poppa Elf, The bagpiper Angus, Queen Margaret, Captain Fletcher, Smash, Oskar, Botch, Mona Lisa- I guess I love ALL the cast!All outstanding. HUGS!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

JackGonzo, MD

Exactly right Martin, that's who I'm thinking of.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Just Randall

So, what, it's been 3 weeks, and no one has anything else to say? In THIS crowd?? Usually we can't get you to shut up... SHOW SOME LOVE!!!
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Mouse

I can't say as I know any cast personally...or better to say know them in 'Daneland, but not in faire...I'm a wee babe.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

LadyShadow

Discovered this past year...

Our family has taken fun interacting or just sitting back and watching him walk the lanes and interact with others.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Blue66669

*ahem* Uh... that would be MS. Terri...
Blaidd Drwg

Zaubon

Sorry, I can't pick three. I love them all!

Zaubon

Zaubon

Quote from: Zaubon on August 20, 2010, 11:51:38 AM

Zaubon
Oh wait, scratch Vendela from that list, she's too mean.  ;)

ravic

Quote from: Zaubon on August 20, 2010, 11:52:37 AM

Zaubon

She'll get you for that. And maybe post a really snarky picture.

Zaubon

Quote from: ravic on August 20, 2010, 05:06:52 PM

Zaubon

She'll get you for that. And maybe post a really snarky picture.
Why do you think I said it? On the other hand, I didn't mean for everyone else to stop posting!

Zaubon

SirRichardBear

I mostly look for those I know from Scarborogh like Captain Fletcher, Oskar.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Breandan

damn, that explains the schoolboy crush... Judging from my wife, I have a thing for unrepentantly violent women :D

LadyShadow

Quote from: blue66669 on August 20, 2010, 11:34:51 AM
*ahem* Uh... that would be MS. Terri...

Ooopsss... Sorry for the mistake.  But it is still a joy to watch the interactions.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Molden

I haven't seen Him in awhile - but I've missed the Fairy Godfather! What a fun guy!

Next would have to be the Centaur - who else lets me lean on his side while restin' me mug o' brew on his back as if it were a bar... and I'll never forget the vision of him non-chalantly strollin' outta the Men's privy adjacent t' the Sea Devil...

Let's see, then there's Sir Randolph who would hawk outside th' Prince of Wales Tavern...

And Cliff who asked Collette to toss me from the Prince of Wales th' one All Hallows when I was "making the clients uncomfortable"...

And th' Bonny Bar Wench Collette who played along with me in said "tossin' from th' pub"!

God bless th' prime rib trenchers at th' Prince of Wales!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable