News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Top 4 renn fests or events you would go to?

Started by Mairte, July 09, 2010, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

MDRF, which has so many things to enjoy

VaRF, because I love the small faires with wonderful casts

Sterling, because it just sounds wonderful

Sherwood Forest, because the owner seems to have a good outlook on faires and I want to see what he has produced.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Master James

VARF - Because that is where I'm on cast and LOVE the faire

MDRF - Because it was my first and I have a ton of friends there plus there is lots to do and see

CRF (Carolina Renaissance Faire in Charlotte) - Very nice faire with great cast and lots to do

TRF - Never been but would love to go and have heard many good things about it
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Molden

BARF for that weekend.  ;) I always have so much fun there, many lovely freinds there, and I LOVE the Queen there!  ;D

All Hallows at TRF. It's an event unto itself and soooo many goode friends there!

Colorado RF - I haven't been, but am sooo curious. Besides I just LOVE Colorado and Manitou Springs, the journey up Pike's Peak on the cog railway, horseback riding through the Garden of the Gods, and golfing at Glen Eagle. The views are SPECTACULAR! Rendezvous 2011 will provide the opportunity. Lots of friends there too!

And PARF - I've heard it's a beautiful faire at a gorgeous tyme of year and has a wonderful cast.

And since rules are merely guidelines to me - Carolina RF - PACKED with top acts and lots of wondermous friends there!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

DonaCatalina

CoRF
VARF
Sterling
MNRF

........... do I have to stop there?
MDRF
Bristol
LARF
OKRF
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Mairte

No, of course not. :)
After reading about the different faires on this site, I think choosing four would be extremely difficult. (Like I said, random number at the time!)
There are so many I want to attend.Sigh.

Adriana Rose

Lets see here...

Michgan
Minnisota
Pennsylveania
Pittsburg
Maryland
TRF
Scarby
Kansas City

Emerald Shaunassey

Let's see... my top 4 I would go to would include:

1) The original Ren faire and Crossbow Tournament at Withrow Springs Park outside of Huntsville, Ark that was started in 1953 and sadly, closed in the late 1990's.

2) PiP (Pirates in Paradise) in Key West

3) TRF (as many times as I can go)

4) Sterling or Tux or MDRF (I'd love to go to or perform at all 3 but ....)
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Will Gamwell

I already work at MNRF,

1)  Sherwood Forest Faire (would love to see their Robin Hood cast).

2)  Bristol (been there once, would love to go again)

3)  TRF (just cause!)

4)  Warriors & Warlords a.k.a Dub-Dub (SCA event in Wisconsin, been there once, was a great weekend, awesome crafters and vendors).

Sean
Will Scarlet @MNRF

Lady Amy of York

Sterling :  cause it is  my homefaire. and even if it was not my homefaire, i love the  grounds there  and  the cast, and  vendors  there are a great  bunch of warm hearted,  fun  loving  people. Good shows, good  food. Fun time all around.

PARF  :  i love  the grounds  and the buildings there.  good vendors. good shows, good cast. I love the grounds in the fall. very pretty.

VARF :  cause i have good dear friends on cast  there.

NYRF  :  cause  my parents  live  close  by there

Great Lakes  faire :  never   been, but friends  keep telling me it is a great faire  and i should  go.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Craigmeister

1)  King Arthur Faire - Stroud, OK (Now gone the way of Arthur himself)

2)  Four Winds Faire - Tyler, TX

3)  Texrenfest

4)  Colorado Renfest
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Tudor-Diva

Thank you all so much for saying such nice things about TRF.  It makes us glad and proud!
Stacy Bakri