News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Greetings from the Spanish Embassy

Started by theDarkbear, July 26, 2010, 06:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theDarkbear

Greetings!

Since this is my first year on cast at the Pittsburgh Festival, and since I have received some lovely greetings from many people on Facebook, I thought that I would take the time to formally introduce myself here.

Hi.

Oh?  You crave more?

I'm Mike, and I will be playing Don Juan Alfonso Perez de Guzman y de Guzman-Zuniga, the 6th Duke of Medina Sidonia, Knight of Santiago, Ambassador from Spain to the English Court, and known throughout the land as the Hurricane of Spain (ask me why sometime).  I'm huge on the continent.  Perhaps you've heard of me?  I did that thing that one time.  You know.  I'm still not allowed back in France.  Did that refresh your memory?

As I previously stated, this will be my first year on the Pittsburgh Cast.  But I bring around 13 years of previous experience, and am totally in love with our cast this year.  Returning cast members like Scott and Heather have been wonderful and outgoing, and our new cast members are astounding.  We are working very hard to bring you a fun and eventful day.  From the English Court, to the Spanish (okay, me), and of course Henri, our resident stinky cheese eater....er French Duc 'd Orleans, our nobles will engage you with our wit, charm, and...uh...nobleness?  Plus we have exciting townsfolk, our wonderful Unicorn, and a musical gypsy (she tells me she can help me hide the Frenchman's body) which really balance out our shire (and hopefully Don Juan's ego).

For those traveling in, or who travel out to other festivals, you might recall me from the Kansas City Renaissance Festival (my previous home festival), many other festivals out in the Midwest and West (this is as far East as I have gone), plus the stage show I was a member of, Bard's Bouts.  I look forward to meeting you all in person, and getting to know the huge support group that exists around this great faire.  Also, I hope you will all tell his Majesty that he should wed his daughter Mary off to Spain and not France.  After all she would look horrible waving a white flag and fleeing in the usual "Surrender Dance" that the French love so much.

See you all at the festival.
Rogue#496, Merc#300, Bard# 316, Privateeer #142.

I couldn't help but notice you staring at my...well my everything.

arbcoind

Hi Mike.  Welcome, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Gina

Master James

OOOO new nobles!  Very nice!  My wife and I and several from the Virginia Renaissance Faire court are planning on coming up your closing weekend and hope to do guest cast with the court.  My wife and I did this last year and it was a blast and look forward to doing it again.  I look forward to meeting the Spanish amassador upon our arrival.  See you then.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

DonaCatalina

Viva Espana! Bienvenidos a nuestra casa.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Professor M

Congratulations in joining the Pittsburgh cast.  It sounds like you'll be adding the type of character the fair has been missing these past few years.  I look forward to seeing you in action.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

theDarkbear

Quote from: Professor M on August 14, 2010, 10:08:52 AM
It sounds like you'll be adding the type of character the fair has been missing these past few years.

From what I have seen from our cast in rehearsals, we aren't missing anything this year.  I just feel honored to participate with such a great group.

kilted one

I do believe that Lady Anne will be firmly on your side. Not sure where my loyalties will go.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

theDarkbear

Quote from: kilted one on August 14, 2010, 11:50:39 AM
I do believe that Lady Anne will be firmly on your side. Not sure where my loyalties will go.

Wait.  The one Lady of the Court who scares the hell out of Don Juan, is on his side?  lol  I love it!!!

As for you, Lord Bryan.  I will wear you down.  Booze, Wooing Lessons for Lady Anne, Custom Eyepatches.  You name it. 

Join me, and together we can woo the galaxy as Francis and Juan.  lol

kilted one

Hmmmmm.  I will have to see what the French Embassy will be willing to "donate".
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

theDarkbear

Quote from: kilted one on August 14, 2010, 12:05:10 PM
Hmmmmm.  I will have to see what the French Embassy will be willing to "donate".

Oh sure!  If you want smelly cheese, women with moustaches, frog legs, and ditch weed tobacco cigarettes, go for it!  lol

I bet he can't come up with a greater modified Star Wars quote!