News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Overdoing it?

Started by Doberman, July 27, 2010, 01:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Delireus

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Athena

Quote from: Valiss on August 02, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
So you're saying that this is how Twilight should have ended?

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2009/08/HowTwilightShouldHaveEnded2-thumb-550x367-23227.jpg

:)

HAHAHA! Blade garb would be perfect for Day of Wrong!  :D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Rani Zemirah

Oh, that's awesome!!!  Nice 'shop job...  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Kate

As an English Lit teacher I can say the books don't entirely suck.  Well, the last one does... it should have just been a trilogy.  They're super easy and quick reads.  I read all four in about 2 weeks.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Trillium

Alright ladies and gents....can we please get back on topic? 

Or just drop the whole thing entirely....
Got faerie dust?

Blue66669

Awwwww, but MOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

This is WAY better than all the kvetching from earlier LOL!

Oooook. I'll go back to my hidey hole in the TRF area. Later guys!
Blaidd Drwg

Beaudan Tocks

Quote from: blue66669 on July 28, 2010, 02:19:23 PM
Oh, if anyone snarked me in earshot, it would SO be on! A little blood on your gown is period, right?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that had Mead spew out of my nose when I read the above by blue66669...

As far as the OP...  Some people, both poster & reader alike, just need to remember that you can not See a persons facial expression, much less hear the tone of voice thru text on a forum.

You wear what you want to wear and I'll wear what I wanna wear and we'll share an Egyptian Mead amongst all of the FUN that IS Faire.

Much love to all...   Especially you Beautiful Ladies  ;)
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

Drudonn

I still haven't figured out why this is such a naughty thread, yet the "what makes you need eye bleach" thread is OK. There are no cries of indignation and outrage in that thread....what's the difference?

Mead sounds like a good idea. As the wise philosopher Homer Simpson once said: "To Alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, most of life's problems!"

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Beaudan Tocks on August 03, 2010, 09:06:52 AM
Quote from: blue66669 on July 28, 2010, 02:19:23 PM
Oh, if anyone snarked me in earshot, it would SO be on! A little blood on your gown is period, right?
Please tell me I'm not the only one that had Mead spew out of my nose when I read this...

(text deleted for space)

You wear what you want to wear and I'll wear what I wanna wear and we'll share an Egyptian Mead amongst all of the FUN that IS Faire.

Mmmmm.... Mead!

Quote from: Drudonn on August 03, 2010, 09:14:06 AM
Mead sounds like a good idea. As the wise philosopher Homer Simpson once said: "To Alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, most of life's problems!"

To this I reply:

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Drudonn on August 03, 2010, 09:14:06 AM
I still haven't figured out why this is such a naughty thread, yet the "what makes you need eye bleach" thread is OK. There are no cries of indignation and outrage in that thread....what's the difference?

I think the difference is that the eye bleach thread is mainly about things people wear that would/should get them arrested.

Rowan MacD

I agree with what Lady Rosalind said.  The eye bleach thread is just a bunch of observations of,  "ok, that is (or should) be illegal" . ;D 
  The OP on this thread (whether intentional or not) leans more toward poking fun at other people's choices in garb; something I shy away from mostly because I hate hurting other people's feelings.  
  At this time I would just about bet my slice of strawberry cheesecake that Doberman didn't intend for his post to rile folks.  He doesn't strike me as the Troll type.  

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rani Zemirah

Hmmm... possibly the reason why he hasn't even logged back in since a couple hours after that original post.  It's very easy in text to have something that one person thinks is simply humorous observation mistaken for hurtful or malicious snarking, just as it is easy to hide vicious and mean-spirited jibes in a seemingly innocent remark, so only the author can really know what the intent is/was.  There are many authors/columnists/comedians who make a very good living from causing people to laugh at others, and to assume that they are trying to hurt someone's feelings with it is ascribing to their words a great deal of power.  

Someone I know once said... "I don't mind if you're laughing WITH me... as long as you're not laughing and pointing AT me!"  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede