News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I heard....

Started by violetdprey, June 03, 2008, 02:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Quote from: Lady_Delaney on June 04, 2008, 03:56:21 PM
Hey now that's an idea. I will wear a Rockies insignia on my French dood. Avalanch insignia on my tudor dress, a Nike swatch on my skirt, and Motocross boots on my feet that say FOX on them.

Almost everything else has a corporate sponsor!  :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mischief Snicklebritches

The knight a couple of years ago...he wore red and black...and of course for the life of me I cant remember his name....Sir Christian maybe? he had the motocross FOX label painted on his boots and shield. I thought it was funny.

And DRenaissanceguy......is that you Nicholas? if not...please disregard that completely absurd question.  ::) ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Demetrius

Hey now that's an idea. I will wear a Rockies insignia on my French dood. Avalanch insignia on my tudor dress, a Nike swatch on my skirt, and Motocross boots on my feet that say FOX on them.

Demetrious, your not a complete failure, just a partial one... Just kidding, your a sweet guy and not a failure at all.. You make us all laugh so how could that be a complete failure?

Oh, thanks, partial? yes, at the very least- lol.  I feel better knowing sports teams will be represented at faire. I will keep an eye out for your motocross boots.

Now I'm off to go paint myself purple! Are we still allowed to wear ren garb?

BTW, I thought a French dood was something like Charles de Gaulle...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Demetrius on June 05, 2008, 09:31:10 AM

Demetrious, your not a complete failure, just a partial one... Just kidding, your a sweet guy and not a failure at all.. You make us all laugh so how could that be a complete failure?
BTW, I thought a French dood was something like Charles de Gaulle...

Yes it is. I'm going to be wearing Charles de Gaulle on my head with a Rockies Jersey on. It will be an act most MAGNIFIC as maybe a French dood would say...
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

What?  French guys?  Zoë's in on that!  Point me in ze right direcksion!   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

DRenaissanceGuy

Quote from: Lady Remi on June 04, 2008, 11:31:09 PM
The night a couple of years ago...he wore red and black...and of course for the life of me I cant remember his name....Sir Christian maybe? he had the motocross FOX label painted on his boots and shield. I thought it was funny.

And DRenaissanceguy......is that you Nicholas? if not...please disregard that completely absurd question.  ::) ;D

Of course its me, your dearest husband. Silly lady.

Spinaka

Quote from: DRenaissanceGuy on June 05, 2008, 04:12:36 PM
Quote from: Lady Remi on June 04, 2008, 11:31:09 PM
The night a couple of years ago...he wore red and black...and of course for the life of me I cant remember his name....Sir Christian maybe? he had the motocross FOX label painted on his boots and shield. I thought it was funny.

Of course its me, your dearest husband. Silly lady.

LOL i knew it was you when you talked about blue and purple hair and your piercings LOL Glad to see a friend on here as well. See you both on Saturday !!!

Mischief Snicklebritches

Yeah it didnt click for me until the hair and piercing comment either. Wierd. I dont really look at people's names on here tho. Lol.
So spin, we're doing poems this weekend during the gate show right? because, well....we wont be doing anything. or, are you a part of it? I cant remember
Anyway, the question was, should I bring some poetry with me to copy?
xoxo
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

irishluckrunsout

Quote from: violetdprey on June 03, 2008, 02:22:46 PM
So I heard that Jim might be banning the hiring of workers with tattoos?  Anyone know anything about this?

Last year, Paul yelled at me (well, Paul never liked me and seemed to yell for any occasion possible) because you could SLIGHTLY see the top of the tat on my back. My hair was usually down, so you couldn't, except on VERY HOT DAYS.

I never really cared.

CapnJack

Well, it seems I somehow missed quite the crazy thread.  Whew...

Well let's see... it seems that everyone here is basically on the same page in the end.  That being: though sometimes it can be annoying, these rules are perfectly legit, and even make good sense when being enforced at a renaissance festival.

Here are my only criticisms.

Firstly, a "clean-shaven" policy has apparently been put into effect (at least for cast), for those without pre-approved facial hair for their character.  Well alright, if you were a noble bent on fashion, etc, you'd probably be clean shaven, but a lot of people wouldn't be.  Myself, I have pre-approved facial hair, so I guess it doesn't matter so much to me, but I know it will to others.  I just thought this one was a wee bit strict really.  Still though, nothing to go hiring a lawyer over.  There are lots of jobs with stricter, less forgiving policies.

Secondly, the dreads thing.  From what I understand this is real, not imagined, but then I could be wrong.  All I know is that I've already caught flack from several rennies about my dreads, and they aren't even real!  Apparently I have been made into a "symbol of hypocracy" by being allowed (nay, required) to wear my dreadlock wig.  It does seem odd to promote a dreadlocked character so heavily while banning them elsewhere.

Finally, and this is slightly off-topic but still basically relates, I hear there's essentially an "anti-pirate" movement going on.  Gate workers, etc. are apparently no longer allowed to dress as pirates.  Again, this sort of makes me public enemy #1.  I am not only a pirate, and I'm not only dreadlocked, but I am in fact a dreadlocked pirate.  Funny thing is, I've personally believed that there were too many pirates at our faire for a while - though I certainly have no right to talk here - but making an official "rule" against them seems drastic, and also makes me look to some like a pompous, over-privelaged, twit (though I guess there is something of an argument for that ;)).

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not flipping out over any of these things, and I recognize that the Faire has every right to impose such rules.  Some may be a mite abnoxious at times, but that's life really.  I just hope the rennies don't try to burn my tent down....
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: CapnJack on June 12, 2008, 03:48:01 AM
  I just hope the rennies don't try to burn my tent down....

Only if it is full of rum and we have to burn it down to signal a ship to rescue us.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Godric Myrddin

Quote from: CapnJack on June 12, 2008, 03:48:01 AM

Firstly, a "clean-shaven" policy
Secondly, the dreadlock wig
Finally,  an "anti-pirate" movement

It sure seems like their trying to turn this place in to Disney World
"The 9 most terrifying words in the English language are:
'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 05, 2008, 10:17:50 AM

I brought you a French guy all the way back from Paris.... and what did you do with him.  You let Festmum have him.................  You wasted a good French import.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Zoë

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 12, 2008, 10:44:31 AM

I brought you a French guy all the way back from Paris.... and what did you do with him.  You let Festmum have him.................  You wasted a good French import.

Apparently I missed this part!  ;)

As for the anti-pirate thing...I have some things to say about that but it would probably not go over well here, plus I am running on a limited amount of brain cells at the moment and it may not make sense in any case.  It just seems damn stupid to me.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 12, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 12, 2008, 10:44:31 AM

Apparently I missed this part!  ;)

As for the anti-pirate thing...I have some things to say about that but it would probably not go over well here, plus I am running on a limited amount of brain cells at the moment and it may not make sense in any case.  It just seems damn stupid to me.

At the Romancetters Valentines party 2 years ago???  You must have been to far gone with mead or you would definately have remembered....I bet Festmum remembers!...........She swooped in, stole him away and hid behind the curtains all night.   :D
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."