News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I heard....

Started by violetdprey, June 03, 2008, 02:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Alice

Last year we got a memo about no nail polish, as well as no glitter/bellyshirts/shorter skirts/etc unless your job was specifically to play a gypsie.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Ginger

No glitter? I don't remember that.... I remember covering myself in glitter :D and then covering you, and Dani, and pretty much everyone... even CaptnJack :P sorry if it was hard to wash off!
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Zoë

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 12, 2008, 12:25:49 PM
Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 12, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 12, 2008, 10:44:31 AM
Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 05, 2008, 10:17:50 AM
What?  French guys?  Zoë's in on that!  Point me in ze right direcksion!   :D

I brought you a French guy all the way back from Paris.... and what did you do with him.  You let Festmum have him.................  You wasted a good French import.

Apparently I missed this part!  ;)

As for the anti-pirate thing...I have some things to say about that but it would probably not go over well here, plus I am running on a limited amount of brain cells at the moment and it may not make sense in any case.  It just seems damn stupid to me.

At the Romancetters Valentines party 2 years ago???  You must have been to far gone with mead or you would definately have remembered....I bet Festmum remembers!...........She swooped in, stole him away and hid behind the curtains all night.   :D

Goodness me.  I must have been under the table by then. 

And as for glitter....never been a problem in my booth!  Haha.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Princess Alice

Quote from: Ginger on June 13, 2008, 07:41:57 PM
No glitter? I don't remember that.... I remember covering myself in glitter :D and then covering you, and Dani, and pretty much everyone... even CaptnJack :P sorry if it was hard to wash off!

I'm fairly certain that I meant like...glittery costumes.  And stuff.
Like sequins.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Ginger

Quote from: Nicolyse on June 16, 2008, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: Ginger on June 13, 2008, 07:41:57 PM

I'm fairly certain that I meant like...glittery costumes.  And stuff.
Like sequins.

Aww so I can't wear my metallic corset with the sequins, how disappointing ;)
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Demetrius

Quote from: CapnJack on June 12, 2008, 03:48:01 AM

Secondly, the dreads thing.  From what I understand this is real, not imagined, but then I could be wrong.  All I know is that I've already caught flack from several rennies about my dreads, and they aren't even real!  Apparently I have been made into a "symbol of hypocracy" by being allowed (nay, required) to wear my dreadlock wig. 

Finally, and this is slightly off-topic but still basically relates, I hear there's essentially an "anti-pirate" movement going on.  Gate workers, etc. are apparently no longer allowed to dress as pirates.  Again, this sort of makes me public enemy #1.  I am not only a pirate, and I'm not only dreadlocked, but I am in fact a dreadlocked pirate. 

You are not a symbol of hypocracy- you are not 'just any character.' If you were just any character, you'd be able to go more than five feet without being mugged for a photo. Would you wear the dreads if Mr. Depp had not?

A note about pirates- a pirate stole off wid me mum and forced me to dress up as a hamster, so don go tellin' me 'bout happy pirates this and oh we're so friendly that... 

Hi Ginger!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

Quote from: Demetrius on June 17, 2008, 01:40:22 AM

A note about pirates- a pirate stole off wid me mum and forced me to dress up as a hamster, so don go tellin' me 'bout happy pirates this and oh we're so friendly that... 

Oh, yeah.  Sorry about that.  Sometimes the crew gets a little wild.  I hope you don't hold it against them.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy