News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Things you won't see at MNRF this year . . . ??!!

Started by Will Gamwell, July 27, 2010, 10:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

Confirmed per Carr: There will be no working bakery at Bakery Stage this year. :(
Also, No Mud Show (at all), no Michael Madden Magician, no fire guys (I forget their names), no Royal Procession into the gate in the morning.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

groomporter

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 16, 2010, 01:36:58 PM
no Royal Procession into the gate in the morning.

I assume there' still going to be an opening gate show, they just aren't marching the court in?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Confirmed per Carr: There will be no working bakery at Bakery Stage this year. :(
Also, No Mud Show (at all), no Michael Madden Magician, no fire guys (I forget their names), no Royal Procession into the gate in the morning.

I wonder what happened with Michael - it still shows on the entertainment page?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

saphire_glade

That is a lot of things not to see. I bet the procession though has to do with the new placement of the horses and the new extreme lack of parking. They used to march out of what now will be the jousters camp area..... I am willing to bet the pretty outfits don't appreciate horse poop
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

auntiegiggles

QuoteI assume there' still going to be an opening gate show, they just aren't marching the court in?

Yes there still will be an opening gate show.  It will look more like CoRF's  - royalty part of the opening gate show from the start. 
Everything goes better with giggles

groomporter

Sounds more like what I remember back when I was on cast in the early (15)90's  ::) My memory is that the opening gate show would start with the court already inside.

Clann Tartan aka Col Gaffney's Regt. used to march our pikemen up to the gate a little while after opening cannon and ask permission of the Crown (or the Mayor if the king wasn't there) to recruit (shanghai?) mercenaries for the war against the Papists in the Low Countries, and thereby rid the village of some of the vagrants and other ne'er do wells...  ;D

My idea for an opening gate show would be to have the Mayor in a tizzy on the gate with local nobles because the King is coming to the village as part of the Royal Procession and once the gate opens the Mayor's entourage and assorted cast lead some of the audience down to the "docks" to welcome the King as he disembarks from the ship at the Legend stage. Some of the court could stumble down the gangplank still a little seasick from the trip... We've got a "port" I've never understood why we don't use it for some nautical skits rather than just "Flem and Vomit", heck it could be the lead-up to the first Puke & Snot show

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on August 16, 2010, 04:57:03 PM

I wonder what happened with Michael - it still shows on the entertainment page?

According to the schedule, looks like Pizpor has the spot on the Witchwood stage that Michael Madden had.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

groomporter

Advertising apparently is one of the things we won't see.

Only thing I've seen heard/ is the ads in the Startribune.

Captain Jack Wolfe

That's weird, because a number of people I know have commented on all the advertising for it this year.  I can't confirm, because I barely watch any TV at all.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

William_MacKean

Didn't see a single ad.  Those usually start after the first weekend, which is why those in charge always thought the first weekend was bad.  Their answer?  Move the first weekend and the advertising with it.

I did see a few of those junk mail flyer-like ads.  You know, the ones no one looks at and just throws away.  Mine was taken out of the recycler by a frisky kitten.  Then I saw the ad.

Sorcha

Toarmod

Quote from: groomporter on August 19, 2010, 07:17:58 AM
Advertising apparently is one of the things we won't see.

Only thing I've seen heard/ is the ads in the Startribune.

Ive seen 2 TV ads this week.

groomporter

Saw Liz from the Fest Friends and she said she's been hearing ads on WCCO radio, and she heard one of the TV stations was going to be on site tomorrow morning.

Kiss-me-Kate

KQ has an ad running, and they are promoting the heck out of it.   At least on the morning show they are.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 19, 2010, 08:09:56 AM
Didn't see a single ad.  Those usually start after the first weekend, which is why those in charge always thought the first weekend was bad.  Their answer?  Move the first weekend and the advertising with it.

I did see a few of those junk mail flyer-like ads.  You know, the ones no one looks at and just throws away.  Mine was taken out of the recycler by a frisky kitten.  Then I saw the ad.

I happened to see the ad in one of those too. It was the Twin Cities coupons newspaper thingy, and actually there was a coupon for $5.00 off for the first 2 weekends, I think. I cut it out and brought it to work. Hopefully, whoever took it will actually use it!

Another thing we apparently won't see.... Tillie's Bean?? The coffee booth is now run by a place called Espresso on Main (?). It's not clear if they are CKC, but I don't think so because their coffee is actually good. I will miss Tillie's though! :(
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.