News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Things that make you want eye bleach....

Started by Adriana Rose, July 27, 2010, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taffy Saltwater

As my bf would say:  Just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should wear it.  On the other hand, as long as it's legal it's not my place to put the Taffy Seal of Approval on jacksquat.   Someone else's choice/taste in garb is not going to ruin my perfectly good day - at fair or anywhere else.
Sveethot!

Blue66669

Quote from: bellevivre on July 27, 2010, 05:33:43 PM
Quote from: Adriana Rose on July 27, 2010, 05:18:13 PM

Blue you always look classy, that is a far leap from the yuck factor lol

seconded! when I grow up, I wanna be as hawt as Blue! (for that matter, my husband wouldnt mind it either! lol)

HAHA, honey, it's gonna be easy this season. I'll be the most hideous thing out there LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

Kate

I agree with the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."  As a plus size gal, it insults me to see girls my size wearing things that are FAR too skimpy.  Having self-esteem is one thing.  Having a distorted image of yourself is another.  Momma always told me to keep it classy... but I let the décolletage get some sun while we're out. :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

LadyStitch

And people wonder why I like designing for "Goddesses".  Just because you have curves does NOT mean you can't look good.  I have seen some AMAZING goddesses in belly dance outfits, they are just not the same one's as the tiny twigs wear.  

So a big girl needs a little more support, so they need more room in the cups, big deal!  They can still look drop dead gorgeous!

I typically run most peoples outfits, including mundane, though my theater filter.
1) Are the girls supported?
2) Are the puppy's noses covered?.
3) In the mundane world, would I have to pay $20 to see it?
4) If you bend over or too strong of breeze am I going to see a "moon over scotland"?

If the answers to questions 1 & 2 are YES, and questions 3&4 are no.  I won't raise an eyebrow.  If more that 2 of the questions are Yes or No you WILL get an eyebrow raised.  If, the answers are the complete opposite to what they should be, I will probobly say something to someone about it.  THen again it is still my personal opinion. As long as you aren't killing my buzz, more power to you.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Auryn

QuoteAs my bf would say:  Just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should wear it.  On the other hand, as long as it's legal it's not my place to put the Taffy Seal of Approval on jacksquat.   Someone else's choice/taste in garb is not going to ruin my perfectly good day - at fair or anywhere else.

hear hear

and also, if someone wasnt wearing something totally ridiculous or revealing, we wouldn't have as many funny stories to tell.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: LadyStitch on July 28, 2010, 10:24:10 AM
And people wonder why I like designing for "Goddesses".  Just because you have curves does NOT mean you can't look good.  I have seen some AMAZING goddesses in belly dance outfits, they are just not the same one's as the tiny twigs wear.  

So a big girl needs a little more support, so they need more room in the cups, big deal!  They can still look drop dead gorgeous!

I typically run most peoples outfits, including mundane, though my theater filter.
1) Are the girls supported?
2) Are the puppy's noses covered?.
4) If you bend over or too strong of breeze am I going to see a "moon over scotland"?

If the answers to questions 1 & 2 are YES, and questions 3&4 are no.  I won't raise an eyebrow.  If more that 2 of the questions are Yes or No you WILL get an eyebrow raised.  If, the answers are the complete opposite to what they should be, I will probobly say something to someone about it.  THen again it is still my personal opinion. As long as you aren't killing my buzz, more power to you.

I want to steal your list! I am tearing up over here because of the "puppy's noses"!

And keep it classy is a good guideline.  ;D

LadyStitch

I got the "Puppy noses" comment from blue a while ago, so blame her.  ;)

I've made more girls day (and guys's ;D) by following those rules in my costume/garb making work.  To this day I can put one of my actresses in anything I want, as long as those rules are followed. I'd love to get her in a nice belly dancer outfit some time.  ::starts hoping they do Sinbad the Sailor at her theater soon::

Seriously as long as long as those are followed  more power to you! 
I saw a girl who was 32 weeks pregant , no strech marks, henna tattos all over her hands, belly and arms. She was  in a NICE belly dancer outfit.  It was a big of a shock at first, but she made it work, so blessings to her for having the Gumpshion to do it.  ;D
As long as you aren't actively killing my buzz, I'm fine with it.  It's one of the things I like about faire.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

RumbaRue

Rumba mumbles about her cleavage, that won't stay up no matter what....

Maybe some of you gals should consider breast reduction.

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Zardoz

Quote from: LadyStitch on July 28, 2010, 10:24:10 AM

Or, would I want to pay $20 to see it?
???

Sort of like Taffy said, just because something "fits" does not mean one should wear it!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Blue66669

Quote from: RumbaRue on July 28, 2010, 12:10:36 PM
Rumba mumbles about her cleavage, that won't stay up no matter what....

Maybe some of you gals should consider breast reduction.

Or maybe some of YOU gals could consider a little help via Victorias Secret OR Dr.90210 LOLOL!

My bosoms are fabulous dangnubbit!
Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Francisco Paula

I am sure after this saturday a few people are going to want some eye bleach for the hairy invastion.

dragongirl

Oh...I have a perfect example.  Before I write this, just remember I am a large no FAT woman and never judge people by their size.  However, I was eating breakfast in camp at Pennsic last year when a gentleman walked past camp and almost caused me to loose my oatmeal.  He was at least twice my size and was wearing a loin cloth, not breach cloth, no LOIN CLOTH!!  the fabric was partially hidden by his apron of belly fat, his gout ridden legs on view, no shirt, and as he turned the corner and bent over to pick up something he dropped everyone in camp was treated to the sight of his dangely bits.  :o 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Lady Rosalind

And I'm going to use dragongirl's story as appetite control... Why, oh why do I have such a vivid imagination????  :-X

Shandi

imagine this....red head male, coke bottle glasses, paunchy and fish belly white with a bunny fur loin cloth and old school white briefs under it. (Thank GOD for the briefs!) I have a picture some where. His skin was so white we where all looking for our sun glasses.
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"