News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Things that make you want eye bleach....

Started by Adriana Rose, July 27, 2010, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

Drangongirl even though i am probably not as big as said guy. Recently i wore a kilt for the first time to faire and the person that was with me before i would even leave the house i bent over and had them make sure i wasn't flashing anything i shouldn't. I have a habit of bending over over squating down to pick things up. Oh and all day when i would go to sit down i made sure the seat was high enough that my knees didn't go to high to flash people or i just pulle my big bag in front of my.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Shandi on July 29, 2010, 09:16:41 AM
imagine this....red head male, coke bottle glasses, paunchy and fish belly white with a bunny fur loin cloth and old school white briefs under it. (Thank GOD for the briefs!) I have a picture some where. His skin was so white we where all looking for our sun glasses.

Oh man, I don't usually feel sorry for someone who would go out in public like this...but didn't someone care enough about him to throw themselves across the tent threshold and prevent this?  Sad :'(
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Anna Iram

The word renaissance (Rinascimento in Italian) means "rebirth", and as anyone who's ever seen an actual birthing can testify...well it's not always pretty, and some people don't come out of the birth canal looking as pink andf perfect as others.  :)

I have *certainly* wished for eye bleach more than once after seeing unflattering photos or captured garb malfuntions of mine own. Damn this digital age!  :D

Auryn

You would think as I am in south Florida we would get the chain maille bikini women down here but I can honestly say I have never seen one, let alone one that was wearing ONLY the maille bikini.
Then again here they would get arrested forth with by the men in blue before even setting foot inside the faire.

Crazyness
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

ArielCallista

I have a chainmailleish bikini top covered in dangly coins :) I am smart enough that i stitched it on top of a supportiveish, full coverage bikini top, the kind with an underwire and everything...I was NOT going to be that girl
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Adriana Rose

Quote from: Sir Garath on July 28, 2010, 01:18:37 PM
I am sure after this saturday a few people are going to want some eye bleach for the hairy invastion.

Nah just photographic blackmail to follow! ;D My pixybox maynot be a spiffy as yours but I always have it lol

Drudonn

Wearing a chain mail bikini with nothing under it? Wouldn't that pinch?  :o

I remember at TRF a few years ago seeing a fluffy young woman wearing a peasant-style blouse which gave no support to the girls, which were rather ample. Not only did the girls have no support, they actually dragged the front of her blouse down rather far...her nipples were covered, but only just...

Butch

Ms Iram, Good to see you posting again!  From your avatar, I seriously doubt you've had a garb malfunction so seriously unflattering as to require eye bleach!

Tygrkat

The trend I've noticed lately that causes me to grab the eye bleach is not Faire-related, but something I see far too often in the mundane world...

Young(er) Ladies (and I use that term generously) who have mistaken tunic-style tops for dresses...does no one mention that it just looks like you forgot pants?! I see this more often near the local college campus, but it's a trend certainly not limited to that area...

(I feel like this should be followed by, "Hey you kids - GET OFF MY LAWN!)  :P

Thankfully, I can't think of anything I've seen at Faire that I wished could have been un-seen...or I could just be blocking the memory  ;) 
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Anna Iram

Quote from: Butch on July 30, 2010, 10:31:27 PM
Ms Iram, Good to see you posting again!  From your avatar, I seriously doubt you've had a garb malfunction so seriously unflattering as to require eye bleach!

:) Thank you Butch.  :) You've made my day reading that.   

Taffy Saltwater

Tygrkat, LOL!  My dear departed grandfather used to sit on the porch and mutter "hippy" in the most denigrating tone of voice.  Of course, this was back in the late '60's when there actually were hippies.
Sveethot!

LadyStitch

Lately it has been driving me nuts.  I'm being told by people that the nice waist length, neckline at the collar bone knit top, and waist to ankle length pants are not appropriate clothing for a casual work enviroment, however girls 10 years my junior running around in empire waist dresses that should be tops, are not a problem at all.

Granted these are the same people who had a fit over the drapey sleeved cotton blouse that I wore one day with a pair of loose fitting cotton wrap pants. They wanted to know what trendy boutique I bought it from.  I told them I bought them from the House of Dra collection.  ;D They started calling local boutiques to buy a top like mine from "The House of Dra". 

And people wonder why I prefer hanging out at Ren faire's..... /sigh
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Nighthawk

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on July 29, 2010, 09:10:21 AM
And I'm going to use dragongirl's story as appetite control... Why, oh why do I have such a vivid imagination????  :-X

Yeah... My right thumb involuntarily ended up in my right eye when I read that... ;)

So- being of the Scottish Renaissance reenactor persuation, I have to say that the things that irritate me the most are people who wear "kilts" that are nothing but the curtains or the table cloth- wrapped around their waists like 5 times! I actually asked someone once if he would like me to show him how to pleat his great kilt! I was wearing mine, but he still looked at me with this dumb look on face and said "Kilts have pleats?" I actually had him take it off and I pleated and wrapped him in it right there by the jousting arena. And then there are the guys who wear loin clothes, sheepskin rugs, and blue face paint! What part of that is Renaissance? And then there were the guys who just showed up wearing leather boots and their tighty whiteys... Seriously? That's Renaissance? In what sense?

GirlChris

Ah, the benefits of doing faires in the Great White North (aka Canada). It's COLD. For the most part, people wear clothes.

The only exceptions I've seen were a couple of shirtless Scots at the pirate festival this year (and as they had the physique to carry off this look, no one seemed to mind in the slightest) and... Bonnie.

Bonnie wears a shin length piece of tartan wrapped around his waist as a "kilt," a big blonde wig and the most enormous set of fake bosoms you ever did see. Everything was covered quite decently, it was just... odd.

Adriana Rose

Maybe Canadian have a sense of modisty? Where some Americans dont... I donno