News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

deleted post

Started by madmolly, June 03, 2008, 03:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmolly

I posted a new topic in the Mundane forum on Sunday night for CSTS 2008. And Monday morning it was gone. I thought the whole reason for the Mundane forum was to post things there that weren't about Faire?

I emailed the moderator and he had no idea about it.

I've always posted about Serenity screenings on this board before and not had any trouble.

If my posts are going to be deleted without any explanation, I will certainly remove myself from this community.
No power in the 'Verse can stop me....

knarlyknot

Hi Madmolly,
I'm not an admin but I looked into it and your post was moved into the Arizona Festival area. I'm guessing someone thought that people from out of state wouldn't attend, IDK.  Hope that helps, please don't leave we need ya here.

Knarly Knot

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Amras Elfwine

Occasionally, a moderator will move a thread into what he/she considers a more appropriate area.
I'm not sure about this one.

Please, Madmolly, stick around...we would miss you terribly!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

madmolly

I am the one that posted in the Arizona forum. I just don't see the harm in leaving it in the Mundane forums. No one has replied to the one in the AZ forum so they probably wouldn't have replied to it in the Mundane either. So my point is.....what was the point? Was I taking up too much room? Did it offend someone? I don't know because no one will own up to deleting it.

I am from AZ and I go to the Mundane Forum all the time. So it would not be a stretch that other people from AZ go there too. And what about people from New Mexico or CA. I have actually had people from Texas come to the AZ CSTS screenings The whole point was to reach as many people as possible. Not just people from AZ

I understand the need for a moderator when someone is being offensive or ridiculous. But sometimes you just gotta let it go.

Okay, off my soapbox.

knarlyknot

Sorry about that Molly, but if it's any consolation my husband and I will probably be attending the screening in Houston and it's all because of your post, otherwise we would have never known anything about it.  SO thanks from myself and my hubby who is a HUGE Serenity fan.

John

Quote from: madmolly on June 03, 2008, 03:52:15 PM
I posted a new topic in the Mundane forum on Sunday night for CSTS 2008. And Monday morning it was gone. I thought the whole reason for the Mundane forum was to post things there that weren't about Faire?

I emailed the moderator and he had no idea about it.

I've always posted about Serenity screenings on this board before and not had any trouble.

If my posts are going to be deleted without any explanation, I will certainly remove myself from this community.

I checked the moderator logs and found it was deleted by DB.  Seems he was enforcing this forum guideline.

Spam
Spam is not permitted. Spam is... Posting your message more than once. Starting new threads on topics already being discussed. Starting new threads outside of the Merchants forum for the sake of promoting your own website or business. Posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.

Your original post still exists in the AZ forum:
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=1205.0

If you would like it moved to mundane topics let me or DB know.

madmolly

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this. My post was not spam. And I was not promoting my website (I do not have one) and CSTS is not a business, it is a charity function that we do once a year. And for the past 3 years I have posted about it more than once. I am just so sorry about this.

aerial angels

I'm also curious about this -

We are an act that performs at several faires.  Recently, we did a PR email to our fans, mentioning our new website and that we're going to be on a major TV show in Canada.

I posted versions of this email to the Ontario forum, because I know a lot of people there, and to the faires we'll perform at this year. I added information related to the individual faires, and partly cut and pasted.

I wasn't asking people to buy anything, and my assumption is that if people are visiting the board associated with their faire, they might want to know what the acts are up to in the off season. It's news now, not as each festival comes up.

I think of this forum a place to exchange information, some of which may have a commercial tinge since some of us are making our living at this, not purely a place to exchange local gossip. I've been working on the assumption that while large sections of this board are primarily social, there is also a place for professionals to share information with their colleagues and their fans. While there is some crossover in the audience for each forum, not everyone reads the Performers section, and certainly lots of faire attendees only read the forum for their faire. We're all capable of reading a title and choosing not to click on that post if it's not of interest.

So.

Is it worthy of attention to tell my friends, colleagues and fans that someone who performs at their faire is presenting a major new project on national TV? Or is this board reserved for "I'm going to drink from a flask, see you there!" and whining about weapons policies?

Allison Williams

John

Yes, I expect is is worthy when there is local interest.
Congrats on your appearance.