News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is the stupidest/silliest thing you have ever done to yourself at faire?

Started by Valiss, July 21, 2010, 11:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

I was witness to this one, so it didn't happen to me.  It was during a bad bad wet TRF weekend about 5-6 years ago.  On Sunday a friend of ours who was tired of being cold and wet decided to go in mundanes. We were standing talking to a shop keep at one of the tent stalls as some of our friends drank their beer.  All of sudden there was a big wind that shook the tent.  This caused the pooled water that had been above his head to roll off the side of the tent .... and straight down the back of my large mammal friend in mundane clothing.  In a very loud voice he squeeled, and and said "God Peed on me!" 
This caused several spit takes of beer.  After we stopped laughing our poor freinds had to walk about to camp and put on his garb, because it was the warmest, driest clothing he had.
To this day he will not stand next to the side of a tent. He doesn't want ,"Peed on again."  ;D

The best I have was when I was running late getting back to my DH and friends who were saving me a seat at Iris and Rose's show.  As I'm booking it down the lane, I trip on my peasant dress.  After being around actors long enough, I start to trip, I tuck my arms in and roll with the momentium.  I then get my knee out to use the mommentum to push me to my feet.  I then say "Ta da!"  bow to the people who saw it happen , and hurry off with my face beat red in embarrasment. When my friends asked me what took me so long I told them. I went on a little "Side trip".   Needless to say I learned not to run, and to always keep my skirts a little shorter.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Mairte

This wasnt me but my daughter, at MNRF she bought a pickle from one of the pickle vendors...bit into it and automatically said "This pickle is hard!"...well, if anyone is familiar with the pickle vendors at MNRF it caused quite a umm, conversation. :)

Dinobabe

Quote from: Mairte on July 28, 2010, 02:03:49 PM
This wasnt me but my daughter, at MNRF she bought a pickle from one of the pickle vendors...bit into it and automatically said "This pickle is hard!"...well, if anyone is familiar with the pickle vendors at MNRF it caused quite a umm, conversation. :)

That goes for any Ren Faire!!! :D

This reminds me of when another renlet (I think we were around 12) and I convinced a pickle guy to let us run his barrel while he took a break.  Well, we had made these feathered masks and wore them while trying to sell pickles.  We thought we were great but I am sure we scared more people than entertained!  At any rate we sold 2 pickles and he let us keep the money ($1 each)! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

bellevivre

Not actually at faire, but faire related, and definitely not my shinig moment.

Hubby and I went to an SCA event here in Austin- the host of said event has an open bar and was very generous. i ended up getting UTTERLY DRUNK and ws persuaded to bellydance on the stage in the Globe Theater there... Mind you, I was not in bellydance regalia, nor can I dance (belly or otherwise) sober.

Needless to say, thats a major reason I'm not much into the local SCA scene anymore- most of them dont remember, but I DO!!! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts