News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Freaking the mundanes

Started by DonaCatalina, June 05, 2008, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

Quote from: Dinobabe on July 23, 2013, 06:04:14 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 23, 2013, 05:51:53 AM
I don't know why the idea of people dressing up and going to Ren Faires freaks people out so much.  When we stop somewhere in garb, either going to or coming from faire, and people ask - and they do ask - why we're dressed that way, I tell them we are historical re-enactors of the Renaissance era, and 100% of the time, their answer is "how cool!"

My grandma once told me it's because society dictates that adults aren't supposed to act like kids.  Her response was "Then why would I want to act like an adult?"  Go grandma! ;D

I'll second the "Go grandma!" and raise you one grandpa! (me)

LissaRoisin

My siblings and I will stop by our local McDs on our way to faire. We worked there for a few years and our mom still does.
It's always funny when we go in because we get funny looks from the other customers and the new employees. The ones that have been there awhile will say hi and ask which faire we are going to and if its new garb.

Also, the gas station up the street from me doesn't even bat an eye when they see me in garb anymore
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

DonaCatalina

We used to stop at the bakery on the way in Saturday morning for sausage kolaches. Every time the girl at the register asked for for free tickets. Not that we ever gave her any; but she knew about Scarborough Faire and assumed that anyone as dressed up as we were worked there.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess