News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Belly Dance

Started by Dinobabe, July 29, 2010, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knitting_Dragon

I tend to resurrect dead threads.
Was just outside walking the puppy. . . with my dance practice garb, which included a noisy hip scarf. My neighbors thing I am so strange. Can't figure out why.
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

Sitara

I go to class in about 3 hours. Only 2 more left this session.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Knitting_Dragon

Woo hoo! Have fun.
Sadly, for a long while I had to stop due to health and I am picking it back up again. Before I restart classes I am warming up with some of my videos of the Belly Twins, Neena and Vina. Yes, I did talk to my Dr.s and they are quite happy with the idea of me dancing.
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

Magpie Flynn

I don't bellydance but I've always wanted to! Anyone know of any lessons in the Denton/Dallas area?

Knitting_Dragon

cowgrrl

Quote from: Magpie Flynn on June 01, 2011, 03:45:12 PM
I don't bellydance but I've always wanted to! Anyone know of any lessons in the Denton/Dallas area?

Isis studios. One of the best in the US & one of the largest. It's in Bedford. I've been taking classes there for about 6 years.

Knitting_Dragon

Magpie Flynn

Awesome! thanks for the links!

Lady Renee Buchanan

I have been belly dancing on and off since 1976.  Took lessons in 4 different states, because we lived there at the time I wanted to start dancing again.

My teacher now is from California & has been a professional belly dance teacher for about 15 years, recently moved to Galena, IL.  Anna is awesome, and she is a rennie!  Has attended faires in CA for many, many years, & has beautiful garb and many belly dance costumes.

Boy, what a workout!  Between that and tap dancing, I'm sweating away while thoroughly enjoying myself.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Knitting_Dragon

And I am officially envious of you!

maeven

I have just been moved up to intermediate level last month and I'm loving every minute of it!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Adriana Rose

I just wish that I had classes up here. The teacher that I loved moved away and now all the classes that they have are way too late for me to go to. Lets hear it for videos

Dinobabe

Somewhat off topic...

I have noticed that a lot of the instructional videos are quite terrible.  Yes, there are good ones but few and far between.  My teacher has been thinking about making a video(s).  What would you like to see in a bellydance instructional video?  Thanks!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Knitting_Dragon

There is a nice site that has reviews. I am sure that if she were check it out I am sure she can find what people would want and what to avoid. There is even a Yahoo group devoted to just belly dance video.

I wish I myself could add something but I don't feel like I know enough to help but would rather hinder anything.

maeven

I think posture is sometimes overlooked, so a video that takes some time to focus on posture would be awesome.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor