News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Current state of Ren Faire magazines?

Started by Valiss, July 29, 2010, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

Pirates Magazine and Pyrate's Way are two totally separate magazines.

Pirates Magazine can be found at Borders and Barnes and Noble.
Excellent full colour issues with lots of historical articles.

www.piratesmagazine.com

Mad Jack Wolfe and I are staff writers for it.

The artlicle on Mel Fisher is the best I ever read on him.

I am SO wanting that dress!

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

renfairephotog

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 07, 2010, 09:45:53 AM
Do members of this forum get a discount on Renaissance Magazine?

My subscription is up for renewal, and I'd like to take advantage of it if there is one.
Unfortunately we don't get a discount.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

JJames

I too had issues w/ Faire Magazine. I am not trying to bash them, however, I subsribed and understood I was to recieve four issues, I only recieved 2. I had to email and make a compliplant about not getting the 2nd issue when it had came out, I eventually recieved the copy. The same happned with the 3rd issue, I emailed them again stating I had not recieved my 3rd issue, I did not hear anything back from them.

Dayna

Do members of this forum get a discount on Renaissance Magazine?

My subscription is up for renewal, and I'd like to take advantage of it if there is one.

Members of Bristol Friends of Faire DO get a discount, make sure you tell them you are a member, they may ask for your member number.  Not sure if the other two REP faires have that same deal.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lumpy

We get Renaissance Magazine and Pirates Magazine (done by the Faerie Magazine folks).
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

SirBlackFox

Current state:

The Pyrates Way magazine:  Issues #12 & 13 have gone to press and should be on the street in early September.

Faire Magazine:  Issue #5 has gone to press and will also bee on the street in early September.

The Concordium Magazine:  Issue #1 is going to press this week and will be on the street in mid-September.

The economy played havoc with our advertisers which are 90% vendors.  They can't spend money on advertising if they don't make money on their products. . .they can't make money on their products if they don't advertise.  It's a catch-22 that we totally understand.  We dropped the prices of all our ad sizes by 50% to help.  What that means is that we need twice as many advertisers to make up the difference (sorry, a $25 subscription doesn't go that far, so it doesn't have much to do with the money to pay printers, mail houses, etc. . .)

Things are finally starting to break loose and PW #14 is underway as is FM#6 which should get out to folks by the end of October.  If things continue to go well for vendors (a.k.a. advertisers) then the next issues of each magazine will be in the mail at the same time as The Concordium's mid-winter issue in mid-January.

Of course there's a LOT of if's involved. . .  IF the economy continues to grow. . .  IF vendors continue to make money . . .  IF faires continue to exist (we lost five Renfaires this year alone).  Folks who subscribe will get their issues. . .  albeit a "bit" late. . .but you WILL get them.

A lot of folks have been very. . . . VERY patient with us and I appreciate it.  I promise that each issue will continue to be worth the wait. . . . pages of gorgeous photography. . . . insights into faires you've never been to . . .  and a lot of fun!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I like someone else never got all of my faire magazines. Issue 4 to be exact. And after many emails sent I got a reply saying it had been sent, yet the address that they claimed to have sent it to was not my address and had never BEEN my address even when I sent them proof from paypal which they claimed was NOT my address. I never heard back dispite being told they always return emails. but funny how this complaint is heard again and again and again. And the funny thing is I got the 1st 3 issues just fine along with 6 copies of the premier issue because I submitted photos to it. I also recieved only 4 issues of PW and 3 of issue 11 because I did 3 wenches of the quarter. I wait to see IF I get issue 12 and 13 or see if he sends those to the wrong address as well or if he gets them correct yet still argues over my issue 4 faire magazine.

It's a beautiful magazine IF and WHEN you get it. but the customer service side is bad and they treat the customer as liars and refuse to listen to them.

I might have resubscribed but for all this.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e