News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What would she have in her pockets?

Started by LadyStitch, July 30, 2010, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

How about a collection of bodkins? I had a sterling bodkin and so regret selling it.
On the other end- unseen but helpful Fabric glue or super glue!
I love fancy embroidery scissors too!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Rani Zemirah

Oh!!!  I was just perusing eBay, as I often do, and came across this little item, and immediately thought of your new character!!!  Looks like just the thing she might carry!  You'll have to hurry, though, because it ends in less than 2 days...  Decent starting bid, though, and free shipping, and so far no other bids!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dinobabe

If you don't bid on those I will hunt you down and slap you silly! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Rani Zemirah

Well, she hasn't logged in here since the 23rd, so I'm afraid she's going to miss them!!!  There was another pair in silver, though, but I didn't look to see when the auction ends on that pair.

Oops, just found another pair in black steel, of all things, with the gold handles, on a "buy it now" auction, with no expiration date! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kett

They look readily available from other vendors too, in case the ebay auctions expire:

Swords Swords
Sword N Armory
Best Knives & Swords

Of course I have no idea who these vendors are and there's no ebay feedback, so your Google Roulette experience may vary.

Rani Zemirah

Well, for the price I'd say take a chance on any of them!  They're pretty cool...  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

bellevivre

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on August 04, 2010, 05:46:12 PM
How about a collection of bodkins? I had a sterling bodkin and so regret selling it.
On the other end- unseen but helpful Fabric glue or super glue!
I love fancy embroidery scissors too!

second the bodkin idea... as I am always losing mine!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

LadyStitch

I already own them. :)  They were one of the first pieces I picked up.   I've been REALLY busy lately so haven't been able to get on here.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyStitch

The sissors dagger has been my bodice dagger for a while now. :)
BTW I added a bag/pouce to my design.  I hand cross stitched a design on it that has all kinds of sewing impliments, and says "What ye sew, ye shall rip". Fitting huh? :)

I'm thinking of taking the pattern for the string of thread spools and make a boarder pattern to stitch on a cuff or collar of my coat... if I can ever get it.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.