News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SIMS MEDIEVAL!!!!

Started by Vartha, August 03, 2010, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poldugarian Warrior

I don't think this is like Sim City in a medieval setting, it's like the Sim Life series. So I don't think I'll be getting it. That's what all these medieval/fantasy RPG's are for.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I puchased SIMS MEDIEVAL on opening day. It's fun-to a degree. Having been raised on RTS, my allegiance remains with the likes of Medieval II Total War and its expansions.

For those that like the first person aspect, I would recommend the Mount and Blade series. Here too you can build Kingdoms and develop your character like an RPG.

My two cents...

Scotty Hunter

Finally downloading this as I type, though it's taking forever. Hoping it's not a total bore, but I have enjoyed most of The Sims releases so am sure this one will be fun too.  Will post udates and screenshots in a day or two. :D
~May the leaves of your life-tree never turn brown.~

Lady Christina de Pond

alright i am totalty into the sims and have been playing the sims since the first sims game came out in 2000 ish so i'm really curious about this game
is it structured like the other sims games?
can you build round towers?
majorly curious and wondered before i planned a purchase
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

DonaCatalina

I just downloaded this game this weekend.

1. the buildings are pre-sets, but you can customize the furnishings.
2. the amount of modification possible on the sims is staggering.
3. the tutorial leaves a lot out (really leaves a lot out if you have never played sims before)
4. the quests are a little eh?
5. and don't go too close to the pit if you have an adventurous sim. I've already had one dive in inexplicably.
6. and I am so tired of hunting for bear every 5 minutes.
  but I will keep playing for awhile to see if it gets better as I become accustomed how it plays.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

Ok...well I broke down and downloaded a bunch of mods for Sims Medieval and it is waaaaay more fun to play.
You can do more wth the people, buildings and quests. I have to force myself to play only 1 hour a day.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Brother Gregory

Where can a person finds the mods for the Sim's Medieval at? I have played the game but don't really like the while quest things as much as some games.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Brother Gregory,

Pax vobiscum, and you can find MODS for SIMS MEDIEVAL just by Googling those very words.

If you're wanting to do something more close to character, I would recommend Mount & Blade: War Band. It's more the RPG style with character development, and a chance to participate in a Crusade.

For the grander feel, I recommend Medieval II Total War. No personal character development here, but your Kingdom develops as you manager or let the PC manage, whilst you take care of international pressing business. Good large scale battles as well. The Kingdoms expansion allows for action in the Holy Land's Crusades, the Teutonic Crusades in Northern Europe, and for those that fashion themselves William Wallace....campaigns in England/Scotland against the likes of Edward "Hammer of the Scots" Longshanks!

Brother Gregory

Warrior Monk,

I have played and love the Medieval Total War I have the Kingdoms edition also and love it. I have herd allot about the Mount & Blade game but never tried it. I think I'll have to look in to it as another possible game to try.

Thanks for your help.

Scotty Hunter

I was a bit unimpressed with Sims Medieval, but will have to browse for some mods and see if it make it more enjoyable. I was a bit bored by the lack of options in actually building... I wanted to build and shape my stuff. :(

Might also have to look up Medieval Total War, have never given it a try but am looking at some reviews on it now and it looks good.
~May the leaves of your life-tree never turn brown.~

Lady Christina de Pond

hmmm i think i'll keep sims3 atleast i can create castles on my own using floor plans

and i can always get mods
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Brother Gregory on June 16, 2011, 02:26:52 PM
Where can a person finds the mods for the Sim's Medieval at? I have played the game but don't really like the while quest things as much as some games.

modthesims.info
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

They have had updates for  Sims Mideval which allows for more  mods.  Also if you purchased  the special limited edition game  when the game first came out they had some extra mods  on it which are  pretty neat.
And you are not just limited  to playing quests. After you play for  awhile which i  have ( had the game  since April )  and you have  accomplished the first level of  quests you get the  the option to play frreplay  which is  alot of fun.
    They have  a guide book that you can purchase  for  the game  and it has  some good tips in it and special codes  for  the game  too.
  You can do your own layouts  for  the buildings  and  castles.
   Yes, some of  the quests  are  eh, but others are  quite  fun and  there are a few that do depic  life back in that time.
    Is it like  the Sims  3  ...no...but i think it is  still a  pretty fun game epecially when you are suffering from faire  withdrawal  or if  you have  a creative  imagination.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

DonaCatalina

I have every update and download I can find but none of them lets me change the floor plans of the buildings. How did you find one that does?

And I love Freeplay, it tell you that all progress is lost when you quit but on that one its not true.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

DonaCatalina, which version of the game  do you have ? I have the special edition version that was available  for  a limited  time  only when the game  first  came out.  It has a feature on it that gives extra design settings  for  the inside of your  castle.  there is  a princess castle, a gothic  castle, a wizards  castle.
Actually i think they all look the same from the outside, but the insides look different. I like  the princess layout.Pretty tapestries, floors and walls.

you can customize walls  and   floors  in the  furnish mode also.You can also add colums  and railings  and posts.

oh if you do the following :  Contol-shift-C  and  then type  the  word motherlode  you add simoleans  to your  active hero.

As your level up and acheive dfifernt accomplishments  you also unlock certain objects ..like two that caught my eye are a fancy gown for  a dutchess, and  a riding/hunting outfit.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling