News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thanks for being so welcoming

Started by Earl of Surrey, August 04, 2010, 11:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl of Surrey

Lady Elizabeth and I just want to say thanks for everyone being so welcoming in letting us participate in the parades several times this season.  Special thanks to the Baroness and Baron for extending their welcome to us and suggesting we come to these boards.

While I imagine it is "old hat" to most of you, being allowed to be in the parade is very special and exciting for us.  It may seem silly, but being invited to walk with the Court on the Saturday of the last weekend was really a big deal.

We've been coming to the Colorado fest for about four years now, always in garb, and we're looking forward to it more and more each year.  We usually work all winter on new pieces of garb and new characters.  Lady Elizabeth was a costume designer in college and I do leather carving and leather armor.  Before that we were regulars at the Carolina fest, Scarborough Faire, and TRF.  Though never really enough to be allowed to "see behind the curtain."

We really do appreciate it and hope to see you all again next year. 

Sincerely,
Squire Prescott & Lady Elizabeth

--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Blushing

Huzzah and well met!

I do believe I may have photos of you in parade ... here's hoping!

;D
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Welcome aboard, Squire and Lady!  'Tis goode to have you.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Earl of Surrey

Tis goode to be here... and we're are eager indeed to know if pics of the parade exist and are flattering to our persons.

Baron, you still going to Minnesota?

We're hoping that Labor Day in Kansas City isn't devilishly hot so we can wear the velvet and squire's armor.  If not we'll wear the cotton and the Druid robes.

Though I'm not sure about the squire idiom at KC where I can't rest my hand on the hilt all day.  Perhaps a walking stick will suffice.

Norfolk

Aye, we're off to Minnesotaland for the Labor Day, hoping all the way for coolish weather.  

Since you've been to Canterbury previously, you may recall that the King there prohibits pilgrims from carrying arms.  Nonetheless, a stout walking stick should go unremarked.  

Any chance of you and the lady returning for Columbus day as well?  Even if not this year, I highly recommend you attend at some point when the leaves are in full turn and the woodsmoke hangs low around the shire.  Magical!

By the by, on brief perusal we couldn't find any photos of you in parade, but did find a rather nice one that Blushing took while you were out at about:
http://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/2010CoRF3rd#5488930168295418130

We wish you safe travels.

Earl of Surrey

She doth indeed paint so well and so lifelike... and quickly.  Its as though we stopped and posed for the many hours it took for her brush to do its work.

Thanks for finding it.

Norfolk

Quote from: Llann Coleman on August 09, 2010, 03:39:52 PM
She doth indeed paint so well and so lifelike... and quickly.  Its as though we stopped and posed for the many hours it took for her brush to do its work.

Thanks for finding it.

I fear thou doth misunderstand!  'Twere not Mistress Blushing that did the painting, 'twere her megapixies.  But then, 'twas the Mistress who trained them, indeed.

Earl of Surrey

ROFSL (rolling on flag stones laughing)

It would appear forsooth that she hath at least 8 megapixies at work. 

Are their names, perchance Nikonious, Sonyiar, Poloroidius, Canonorio, Kodakus, Fujiminious, Pentaxus, and Minolto?

Squire & Lady Elizabeth

Norfolk

As i recall, the names of her megapixies seem to vary with their performance, but you'd have to ask Mistress Blushing for the details.   :)

Norfolk

Quote from: Llann Coleman on August 09, 2010, 10:39:59 AM
Tis goode to be here... and we're are eager indeed to know if pics of the parade exist and are flattering to our persons.
[/quote

Mistress Blushing comes through!  http://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/2010CoRF8th?feat=directlink#5504763159080521762

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

8.1 to be exact on my part and they Are Panasonica
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Blushing

Well, I DID catch you in parade ... closing weekend (and those photos only went up last night, sorry!)
http://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/2010CoRF8th#5504763159080521762

Hmmm ... I didn't have plans for Labor Day weekend and now my mind is wandering ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Quote from: Blushing on August 13, 2010, 11:47:30 PM
Hmmm ... I didn't have plans for Labor Day weekend and now my mind is wandering ...

Well, in that case.....  May i suggest that you allow your wandering mind to persuade your body to wander to Minnesota that weekend?  There will be 18 of your friends and acquaintances in attendance.  (Email me for details, if interested.)