News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Things You WILL See At Festival This Year

Started by William_MacKean, August 05, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyFae

Your doggy clothing only fits really small dogs, doesn't it?  My girls and I love going into your shop and seeing all of your stuff (and playing with your dog!  She LOVES attention to the point of falling off of the counter, if I remember correctly!) but we have a larger dog so we don't really purchase- perhaps a neck ruff, though...  Anyway, we look forward to seeing you again this year!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Toarmod

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 06, 2010, 09:33:21 AM
Quote from: Butch on August 05, 2010, 03:44:02 PM
Is this stuff you make yourself, or is it some national brand?  Please pardon my ignorance!

Local to a few faires only.  Made in Grandy, MN.

I will be releasing my own conventional wine label by end of next year!   :D

So is this still from J. Bird or stuff you have made?

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 05, 2010, 06:37:59 PM
Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on August 05, 2010, 03:49:53 PM
At Willing Soles, booth #139, you'll see lots of new styles and colours of shoes, including boots!  Shoes are the most overlooked item of garb.  Willing Soles is the best place to come in order to complete nearly any ensemble!

Jack - you forgot to add -- THE most COMFORTABLE shoes in the universe!  Not to mention so beautiful. ;D
I know, shame on me!  And I love my boots!  They're every bit as comfortable as my custom Competitive Attitude boots, with a more durable sole.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

der idee_mann

Fest Friends has moved into our new and improved location ... no more tents on the hill by the garden we are now in our very own building #642/643 just across and down the street from the Mead booth and the Guard camp. Stop by and see the wonderful new "Glade" and all it has to offer our members ... remember that would be a good time to find out how you can join the fun too, remember you can get a day pass to try it out or you can sign up on the spot.

Will Gamwell

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 05, 2010, 03:35:41 PM
Typically I carry:
Classic Mead
Egypt'n Mead
Mint
Apple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Cherry
Rhubarb
Bloody (Eldeberry) Mead

We'll see what this year brings.

;D

Hey Kyle!  Nice running into you & Katie at Lauderdale last week.  How is the Bloody Mead stock this year (ie: quantity available)?

Will Gamwell

Oh!  Several more things you will see.

1.  Pansy the Unicorn.  It was mentioned in the "won't see at MNRF" thread that Pansy was asked not to come back.  Pansy will be there.

2.  My various attempts to keep my fiance from hearing about Kyle's own wine label he is planning on.  I have a feeling I'll be broke next year.

3.  Me in tights & sword fighting.

William_MacKean

Quote from: Will Scarlet on August 10, 2010, 09:18:39 AM

Hey Kyle!  Nice running into you & Katie at Lauderdale last week.  How is the Bloody Mead stock this year (ie: quantity available)?

We live there.  I have for 33 years.

I do not know the disposition of the Bloody, yet.  Last year it took a while to masurate due to the dry conditions.  This year was warm and wet, so things might go more smoothly.

saphire_glade

Quote from: Will Scarlet on August 10, 2010, 09:28:26 AM

1.  Pansy the Unicorn.  It was mentioned in the "won't see at MNRF" thread that Pansy was asked not to come back.  Pansy will be there.

3.  Me in tights & sword fighting.

YAY for those. I saw that Pansy had posted, but I guess she worked it out. Which makes me happy.

And well tights are good, and sword fighting is better. :)
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Will Gamwell

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 10, 2010, 11:25:11 AM
We live there.  I have for 33 years.

I do not know the disposition of the Bloody, yet.  Last year it took a while to masurate due to the dry conditions.  This year was warm and wet, so things might go more smoothly.

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some.

Quote from: saphire_glade on August 11, 2010, 01:48:04 PM
YAY for those. I saw that Pansy had posted, but I guess she worked it out. Which makes me happy.

And well tights are good, and sword fighting is better. :)

I know that the Unicorn costume will be there, but I hear that it will be someone else under the costume this year.

MissBubu

Quote from: Will Scarlet on August 12, 2010, 09:41:21 AM
Quote from: saphire_glade on August 11, 2010, 01:48:04 PM

I know that the Unicorn costume will be there, but I hear that it will be someone else under the costume this year.

I also heard that Pansy will be performed by two sisters alternating wearing the costume. Mary will not be in the costume this year.

Pizpor

Hello to everyone.

I'm a new performer for the 2010 faire. I hope to meet you all and learn my way around.

Please feel free to stop by and see the Pizpor Comedy Magic Show. It's not bad, it's just piss-poor.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Pizpor on August 14, 2010, 06:02:43 PM
Hello to everyone.

I'm a new performer for the 2010 faire. I hope to meet you all and learn my way around.

Please feel free to stop by and see the Pizpor Comedy Magic Show. It's not bad, it's just piss-poor.

Fantastic!  Will you be at any specific stage, or will you be wandering the lanes?

R/F.com member since 2003

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Pizpor on August 14, 2010, 06:02:43 PM
Hello to everyone.

I was surprised to see you at the Dress Press, Pizpor!  I had to pause and remember in which faire grounds I was standing!  Knew we hadn't seen you before.  Welcome to MN!!!  If you have occassion, joins us for morning "hellos" at the Foaming Stein, every fest day at 10:00am.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Pizpor

Thanks so much Dead Bishop and Marietta! I'm really looking forward to the MN experience - I plan to take it all in. The Foaming Stein sounds just up my alley. I think they have me working in the lanes this year, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll get a stage to perform on soon.

See you soon!! 

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

I'm out with a new music group this year called Cromatico. We are an a cappella trio specializing in renaissance and medieval music, and a little bit of folk thrown in for fun. You will mostly find us at the new Chateau Vino, otherwise we will be wandering around site singing where we can. (c:

Look for the stripes.