News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King's Champion Medieval Faire, Tulsa OK

Started by Rani Zemirah, August 06, 2010, 12:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

(cross-post from Member Milestones)

Just got the final word last night, and it looks like I'll be performing at the King's Champion Medieval Faire in Tulsa, OK this Sept. as Rani Zemirah!!!  I'll be a guest performer, and I get to wander about the lanes, playing with the patrons, visiting the Court, telling stories, bits of poetry and the occasional quick fortune, and generally having a wonderful time being a Gypsy!  My renlet even gets to be part of the act, as well, and she's very excited!!!  We both are, actually...  Cheesy  LOL

KCMF runs Sept. 11-12th, 2010, in Chandler Park in Tulsa, OK, and admission and parking are FREE, so come out and see us, and the rest of the Faire, if you're anywhere near the area!!!

HUZZAH!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Welcome!  I'll have my Meister's Realm tent set up at the faire.  The faire will be located about 30 yards east of last year's location.  There will be more tree cover this year & more entertainment than the last 2 years.  The Highland Games will be returning.  The Spinning Willies will make their first appearance in years.  They have not been seen since the King Arthur Faire was open in Stroud.  Come one, come all for a fantastic weekend!  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, wonderful!  I look forward to meeting you, finally!!!  This will be my first year to even attend, so I'm not really sure what the layout of the site will be like.  I'm excited to experience this Faire, and all the fine vendors and performers... and the shade will certainly be welcome, since it will still be quite warm in mid September! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

Wanted to pass this warning along to any vendors or performers of KCMF that may frequent these boards;

Due to a cross country running event, the park will be closed to vehicular traffic from 3:00-3:30pm until 6:00pm on Friday, September 10th - this means no traffic in OR out of the park during this time. Plan to have your things set-up and be gone before the run starts or you are stuck there until 6:00pm. 

Emerald
Your friendly neighborhood Stage Show Entertainment Director for King's Champion Medieval Faire
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, my!  Thanks for the heads up, Emerald!  I'll make sure to plan accordingly.  I need to get some info on the layout there from you, also, so I'll get in touch with you soon. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Two weeks and counting!  Things are really coming together for KCMF.  We have a great lineup of vendors, volunteers, sponsors & entertainment.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

I'm certainly excited to be participating this year, and I hope there's a great turnout!  It looks like the weather could be rather wonderful... at least I'm keeping my fingers crossed! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

This Saturday & Sunday (September 11th & 12th) will bring forth the King's Champion Medieval Faire in Tulsa's Chandler Park.  You can see pirates, belly dancers, Shakespearean comedy, Scottish Highland Games, the SCA, a full-sized pirate ship, fairies, listen to Celtic music & more.  I will have my Meister's Realm tent set up & be there when I am not working at the office.  Visit KCMF on Facebook or at www.kingschampion.net

Parking & admission are free.  Gates open at 11 a.m.  There will be lots of shade & a large children's area. I hope to see you there!

Rani Zemirah

I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!!  It promises to be a wonderful weekend, full of fun and frolic! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

After our board meeting this week, we discovered that the faire needs to expand.  Instead of moving everything dozens of yards east of last year's site, we will be covering last year's area PLUS new areas to the east and southeast.  This will provide more shade for a petting zoo, camel rides and a carriage ride.  The open area will be used for an archery range as well as a trebuchet.  The trebuchet won't be quite large enough to assault any castles, but we don't have a caslte nearby for target practice anyway.

Come see the King's Champion Medieval Faire this weekend.  Take a break from the mundane world.  Let your cares go.  Journey back with us in time hundreds of years.  Make this a September to remember.

dbaldock

Have the rains from the Tropical Storm already passed by and drained off the Faire site?

Hope y'all have a Great Faire!  (that isn't too muddy  ;)  ;D )

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

THere are some clouds today, but I'm just under 100 miles to the SW of the site, so I'm not sure what's happening up there yet.  It's supposed to be in the mid/upper 80's this weekend, with today being 90, and we haven't had rain down here since Wed. night... so here's hoping it will be dry but slightly overcast, with a nice cooling breeze! 

We're on our way in about an hour!!!  Can't wait to get there and see the layout, set up the tent and settle in! 

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!  It's FAIRE!!!!!!!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Craigmeister

The tropical storm passed by Thursday morning.  As dry as it had been, most of the rain in Tulsa was soaked up.  The weather looks to be great this weekend.  Clearing on Saturday morning w/ north breezes both days.

There are some new vendors to list for the faire this weekend.  They are:  Dean & Wilborn, a wooden swords & shields vendor as well as Eisenhower Pewter.

A few lineup notes are in order as well.  Unfortunately, due to illnesses in the group, the Spinning Willies will not be able to perform this weekend.  They have pledged to be here next year though.  In their place will be Minstrels of the Sea Mist.

Also, a surprise performer this weekend will be Leghorn the Piper.  He's a great bagpiper who has been playing for years & is dedicated to helping faires grow.  You can catch him in the lanes & probably near the Meister's Realm tent.

Archer

It was good to see you at the Rogue's Court area Rani.  Nice weekend, it was.
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.