News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Gathering with Clan Patrick at PARF 10/30-31

Started by Metheri, August 12, 2010, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metheri

Come join the Clan M'Crack for the Family Gathering October 30-31, 2010
Closing weekend.

* Friday 7:00 PM - til -??? Meet and Greet
* Saturday 9:30 AM Tailgate (Look for the Banners)
* Saturday 11:00 AM Faire Gates Open
* Saturday 3 PM Chieftains Toast and Pinnings
* Saturday 8 PM Group Dinner/Drinks/Party TBA
* Sunday 9:30 AM Tailgate (Look for the Banners)
* Sunday 11 AM Faire Gates Open

Attending:

Lairde Guard'n M'Crack
Peddlin M'Crack
Poke'n M'Crack
Lairde Prod'n M'Crack
Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

Master James

Poke'n and Lairde Prod'n will be there.  Looking forward to it.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Just a couple of things:

First, obviously myself (Jade'n M'Crack) and Milord Smack'n will be in attendance as I am Clan Chieftess and he is Oculus Nox for Clan O'Patrick!  8)

Second, last I knew, tailgating is not permitted on the grounds at PARF. My cruise director and I are trying to come up with alternatives to a tailgate. We will announce what we came up with as soon as we come up with it!

Also, the Chieftain's toast and pinnings will be conducted at the Swashbuckler Pub and my cruise director and I are also trying to nail down plans for the Friday meet and greet as well as the Saturday evening dinner.

We are also discussing possible lodging alternatives to the Hampton Inn - which can get rather expensive.

Again, once we get some things nailed down I will post here and let everyone know so you can all make plans.  ;)

Lady de la Warr

Again, pertaining to the schedule posted above, since tailgating is not permitted on the faire grounds in any form my Cruise Director and I are working on an alternative to tailgating - possibly breakfast somewhere. We are still working this out as well as the meet and greet on Friday and the gathering Saturday night after faire. Since this is a rural area we are fairly limited on places to go as there isn't a whole lot nearby. If you want to drive a little ways it would open up a few more choices. But most people don't want to have to drive very far so we'll do the best we can.

Pertaining to lodging, again please understand that this is a rural area so there isn't a lot to choose from real close to faire and what is there can be prohibitively expensive. That said, the following is an excerpt of an email my Cruise Director (Mail'n) sent me the other evening:

Quote from: Mail'n
Here is a list of hotels with addresses and contact info:

Country Inn and Suites
1475 Lancaster Rd.
Lancaster, Pa 17545
717-665-5440
price around $150/room; about 20 minutes or so south of Faire. It has a Lancaster address, but it is just south of Manheim (actually between Manheim and East Petersburg). This is the place I would recomend.

Edit by Lady de la Warr (Jade'n): I have stayed at this hotel and it is a very nice place in a country setting and is relatively close to faire.

Four Seasons Motel
2525 Quentin Rd
Quentin, Pa 17083
717-272-8402
I don't know anything about this place, it is north of faire, I would guess about 15 minutes.

Hampton Inn, Manheim
2764 Lebanon Rd
Manheim, Pa 17545
717-665-6600
Right across from Faire, about the same price range as the Country Inn, but it fills up fast during Faire season.

Edit by Lady de la Warr (Jade'n): This is where I generally stay but it can be expensive. Last I checked they do still have rooms available.

Penns Woods Inn (formerly Roadway)
2931 Lebanon Road,
Manheim, Pa 17545
717-665-2755
Doesn't have the reputation of being very clean, but it is very cheap around $60/rm per night. It does fill up fast during faire season and has many regular patrons among faire regulars. It is across the turnpike from Faire.

Red Carpet Inn
2845 Lebanon Rd
Manheim, Pa 17545
717-665-3118
Again, doesn't have a good reputation for clean rooms, but it is cheap. I know a few regulars that stay there, so this place probably fills up fast too. It is across the turnpike from faire and beside the Penns Woods.

Mount Vernon Hotel
980 Lebanon Road
Manheim, Pa 17545
717-665-2938
I have not heard anything bad about this place, but I admit I don't know anyone who stays here regularly. It is about 15 Minutes south of Faire (between Faire and Manheim). I don't know about rates, but I would think it is pretty cheap although it is also small and may fill up fast.

Homewood Suites
200 Granite Run Drive,
Lancaster, Pa 17601
717-381-4400
Looks like this is in the same price range as the Country Inn, around $160. It is about half an hour south of Faire, in Lancaster.

Hilton Garden Inn
101 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster, Pa 17601
717-560-0880
Same area as the Homewood and about the same price range.

Fairfield Inn
150 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster,Pa 17601
717-581-1800
Same area as the Homewood and Hilton and close to the same price range.

That's what we have so far. As far as the meet and greet on Friday, dinner Saturday and tailgate, it may be a bit difficult because of the rural location and the fact that it's right before Halloween. Often the places nearby get booked for parties. So we are going to check into a place we can gather that is relatively close to faire/where folks are staying and we'll get back with everyone.

Please note: There were a couple of places TJ saw when he was at my wedding that he thought could be places to gather. We have checked them out and they are NOT recommended. None of them will welcome men in kilts and if you decide to go in there you may be in for a fight (literally) so you're on your own. I definitely don't suggest taking ladies into any of them (and frankly I won't be going to any of them personally). At least one of them is a known gang/drug hangout and another one is a gay bar (not that there's anything wrong with that but I don't think kilts will be welcomed/are prudent in that environment). They are all known for being pretty rough. The only place it is thought we would have been welcomed looks like it's closed (Papa Dino's). Mail'n said he might be able to cruise around there this past weekend and see if he can find anything else so maybe I'll hear more from him later today.

So we're working on it. I'll let you know when I have more.

McGuinness

Farmer's Hope (about a mile north of the faire on 72) is a pretty popular restaurant that is familiar with faire patrons and the Blue Bird Tavern (in Lebanon, slightly farther north, not sure on the actual mileage is a nice place too). There is a Ruby Tuesdays too a few miles down the road in Lebanon. For breakfast, the Kountry Kitchen and the Barons Diner south of the faire and the Quentin Haus north of the faire are nice places. I would recommend the Barons Diner on the south end of Manheim; we used to go there after rehearsals a lot. I haven't been to the Kountry Kitchen for awhile but I know people who have and like it. The Barons Diner and Quentin Haus can both accommodate groups, but you would want to call ahead if you have a lot people; they aren't huge places.

There are some hotels in Lebanon too that you may want to check out. They are maybe about a 5-10 minute drive. The Quality Inn in downtown(ish) Lebanon is pretty nice from what I've heard. I've never had to stay there myself however since I live here...

Dress Your Dreams

The Golden Corral on 72 in Lebanon (about 6 miles north of Faire on 72) is open and does breakfast Sat & Sun.  Farmer's Hope Inn near the Faire has rooms, too!
Susan

Lady de la Warr

I believe I have been to Kountry Kitchen and while the food is great, it's way too small. We can have a group of 20 or more for tailgate so we need to find a place to accommodate at least that many in a group. Meet and greet and the Saturday dinner can have double or triple that depending on the faire. Our chapter is a new chapter so I doubt we'll have a whole ton of people this year but you never know.

Quentin Haus is one I was thinking of for breakfast and there is Quentin Haus Tavern (or Pub or...something) right around the corner that has a deck that looks big enough to accommodate a decent sized group.

Unfortunately, Farmer's Hope fills up fast room wise and I know last year they were booked with Halloween parties closing weekend because we tried to get a table for just 4 people and could not. So they might be out. We are looking into it for either meet and greet or Saturday dinner but we aren't sure how that might pan out.

I have never been to Barons Diner so am not sure if they can deal with a group as large as we might end up being and I'm not sure how far from they are from faire. I'll have to have Mail'n check them out since he lives closer than I.

I didn't know there was a Golden Corral close by. We'll check that out too!

No matter what we do we'll definitely pre-arrange something with the management. It is not fair to them to just show up with 20+ people and expect them to be able to serve us efficiently.

Thank you ladies! I will have Mail'n check all these places out. Hopefully some of them will be close enough - our group don't tend to want to drive very far so proximity is key!

McGuinness

You'd pass Baron's Diner on your way to Country Inn and Suites. Its right on the south end of Manheim, before you get to the Auto Auction. Not huge, but they've always been accommodating when we'd show up with 10-15 or so people after rehearsals some days. If you don't mind splitting into a few smaller tables, it can be faster that way.

Quentin Tavern is a nice place, really good food. I never ate on the deck so I'm not sure how big it is. The Golden Corral never had the best reputation back in the day, but it reopened under new management a few months ago, so maybe it has improved since then.

Metheri

From Matt aka Mail'n M'Crack:
"Everything is set up with Bubes Brewery for Fri. night for a Meet and Greet/Dinner. Their address is 102 North Market St, Mount Joy Pa 17552 and website is www.bubesbrewery.com. From Manheim follow 772 west into Mount Joy, turn left onto North Market Street (just past Kunkle Field). Bubes will be on the right. There is on street parking and a small parking lot beside the Bubes, additional parking is located in a lot down the alley after the flower mill (turn left after the mill and before the post office and the lot will be half a block back). It is recomended that anyone coming for dinner arrive between 7 and 8 as this is their Halloween Party night and they are expecting a large crowd. The kitched is open until 10, though. The will have all the various parts of the bar open, Alois' will be where the band is playing starting at 9, but The Bottling Works, Catacombs and Biergarten will also be open. The band that night is called Thought Prysm and they are a local celtic/folk rock band. I will probably get there around 8 or so and although I have not yet gotten a Clan color kilt, I will wear one of my other ones and my clan badge."
Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

sir oswyn dagworth

Bump to the top. Hoping to see you all this weekend or even this evening. The friday night Clan M'Crack gathering is at Bube's Tavern in Mount Joy starting at 7pm. More information can be found on the M'Crack forums.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark