News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Memories from this year's faire

Started by susannah, June 04, 2008, 09:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

Thought we could share some of our favorite things about this year's faire here:
I will never forget the sight of the King licking Lorelei Olivier's shoulder during pub sing on closing Saturday!

As always, I loved Three Quarter Ale and Joni Minstrel and of course the Nickel Shakespeare Girls!!!

I caught the Barely Balanced show and really enjoyed that as well! They did a great job directing people to the stage on their stilts!

My husband and I both shopped and bought new garb, etc.
My favorite time at faire is the pub sing!!! So much fun to see the cast interact together with the musicians and there's never a shortage of ale!!!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Lady Christina de Pond

bying a blouse at fest and walking out of the leather rose and removing my hat to add the osterich feather to add to my hat and a guy walking bye going nice m'lady nice then smilling a few gentlemen dressed in garb speaking to outside the gate as i waiting for my friends and ofcourse the village idiot holloring that i called him loose
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

fairieimp

oh. dear.

probably Scaramouche calling to me at the end of faire (he was sitting at a table near the front gate) and saying "don't tell the others, but i'll think of you later tonight."

or perhaps when talking to Sir Matthew after the second joust when a little boy accosts him and asks "where were you stabbed?" Sir Matthew, flabbergasted points to the general direction of where he is "bleeding." the boy is still not convinced after several minutes of bantering, but walks away. The third joust, Sir Matthew is wearing a "blood soaked" bandage around his waist. it was terribly funny.

or one of the guys handing out flyers for the tomato throwing, staring at my breasts and saying to shark "i would talk to you, but i am distracted...."

i think that was all of the funny things that happened to me. though getting to see one of my friends from a previously attended college was the highlight of my faire experience this year.

my most fond memory of faire is last saturday of faire 2007 at the pirate auction. <3
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

EponaBlackhorse

Getting to work at GARF this year was awesome.  I had a blast hanging out with the guys at Sabersmith, hanging out with my pirate buddies on the Ship, getting to meet a bunch of new people (cast and patrons), and the last Sunday at La Fiesta!

Lady Christina de Pond

is it 2009 yet? I miss fest already. I think the hat i added this year is going to stay part of my costume.
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari