News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for scrub pants (for men)

Started by gem, August 16, 2010, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

In an effort to save a little time/work, I'm thinking of buying blue scrub pants for Milord and his father for their Much Ado garb this year (next year I'll make them real pants). I wanted to get these, from Penney's, but every possible combination of color and size I would want is out of stock!!  >:(

I have never seen scrubs locally in any store (and I don't have the motivation to seek out a local hospital supplier!), and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a source where the shipping isn't too high.

Thanks!!

lady serena

Try Walmart that is where I found mine that I use for pirate pants, I think I paid $18 for mine in black. They had blue, brown, black, white, light blue, pink and a few other colors.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Kett

Googling "scrubs" got ton of hits for me. This one looks promising. Never purchased from them before of course, but lots of options.

Delireus

While I don't know were to get some, though I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some online, I would have never thought to get black scrubs for garb pants. My boyfriend wants his first garb set this season and I was worried we'd not find something reasonably priced before faire starts but that's a perfect idea! I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this sooner :P Good luck!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Lady Rebecca

In most areas, you can find uniform stores with lots of different scrub pant options. If you try google maps, it might come up with one close to you, so you can check the pants out in person.

Drudonn

I *know* I've seen scrubs at Sam's Club--you might look there. It was a couple of years ago, but I'm sure they still would.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/searchResults.jsp?searchTerm=scrubs&searchCategoryId=all

Leyla

I get all my scrub bottoms from Walmart. $15-$18. The store near us has the scrubs located near the ladies undergarments and jammies.
Oh yeah, and the Goodwill always has scrubs as well, though there are likely fewer options for size and color there.

Lady Renee Buchanan

www.scrubs123.com

is a great source for scrub wear.  These are the scrubs you see in the hospitals' OR departments, emergency rooms, and on the staff, because they hold up well, even to daily washing.  Shipping charges vary with the amount spent, and can be free.  They have a huge amount of different styles and colors, and the website is easy to navigate.

The customer service is EXCELLENT, and if you order in the morning, it will ship the same day.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Rosalind

Due to my son's ever-growing status, we've been using black scrub pants for years. I always find them at Wal-Mart, and I think I usually pay about $9 for the ones with a drawstring.

Hack them off below the knee, turn them up once, and add a drawstring around the legs and you're done. Oh, and remove the back pocket, if there is one.

Dinobabe

I have seen scrubs at Wal-Mart, Garden Ridge, Costco, and Old Time Pottery.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

gem

Thanks, Lady Renee!! I'll check that link out!

Lady Rosalind, I actually need *full length* pants for this project, which is why I'm going with scrubs instead of trying to modify one of the patterns I have. We're borrowing a trick we have from one of Milord's screen-used movie costumes, and putting snaps on the ankles to tighten them up for fitting inside boots without bunching up.

Never seen scrubs at my local Walmart (as I think I mentioned in my OP! LOL). It's just easier for me to order online, anyway, than hunt all over town (and there isn't really another reason for me to go to Walmart).

Capt. Morgan

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

gem

Ok, new question: What in the heck are reversible scrubs? Does it just mean that they're finished inside and out, so you could wear them inside out or rightside out and it won't matter? Or does it mean that they're fully lined and reversible?

Ugh. This is getting ridiculous. All I want is some shade of dark blue, no cargo pockets, that won't take three weeks to ship!

dreamfarie

lady serena

When they say reversable they are usually finished on the inside so when you are in a hurry to get dressed it doesnt matter which way you put the pants on. At least that was the way when I was going to nursing school.
Guppy # 81
Fins up