News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for scrub pants (for men)

Started by gem, August 16, 2010, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Quote from: lady serena on August 17, 2010, 02:46:57 PM
When they say reversable they are usually finished on the inside so when you are in a hurry to get dressed it doesn't matter which way you put the pants on. At least that was the way when I was going to nursing school.

Hee!! That gave me a giggle.

Thanks for the links, everyone!

lady serena

Quote from: gem on August 17, 2010, 03:06:11 PM
Quote from: lady serena on August 17, 2010, 02:46:57 PM
When they say reversable they are usually finished on the inside so when you are in a hurry to get dressed it doesn't matter which way you put the pants on. At least that was the way when I was going to nursing school.

Hee!! That gave me a giggle.

Thanks for the links, everyone!

Thanks, I was usually running late for class so I bought scrubs instead of regular nursing pants, makes getting dresses alot easier.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Renee Buchanan

www.scrubs123.com

has men's navy scrub pants on closeout for $5 (or $5.50 for the larger sizes)

Copied from the website:  Medline Scrubs - ENCORE UNISEX REVERSIBLE SCRUB PANTS          SKU 700PNV

I clicked on discount scrub pants.   The color is navy.  On my screen, the color doesn't show as dark navy as it really is, but I think it's my monitor, because I've seen these scrubs and they are navy.

You can call at 1-877-278-2712 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. central time, to speak with somebody and ask questions.  Up to $25, the shipping is $5.95, still cheaper than what you can usually find in stores.

I have 3 sets of this company's scrub pants, my husband has 2, and I bought a set each for my kids.  Plus 3 pairs of black pants for our older son to wear to faire.  Highly recommended!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

LadyStitch

When I did a play where we were required to have an actor in a bright blue dentisits smock, I found this place and their items are good quality.  The only thing is, unless you buy 2-3 items, their shipping can really bite.  However you can get free shipping with $50 or more order by entering in the code.  "613" 
http://www.ackley-uniforms.com/

Hope that helps.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Neysa

I have a question about the scrubs.  I want to put together a cheap basic peasant outfit for my son. (he's 13 and quite tall, taller than his dad) I don't know exactly what the scrubs look like, would I need to elasticize the bottom cuffs, or just leave them be. What do you all do?  He'd be wearing them as long pants with a peasant shirt, and some sort of garby looking moccasins. 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Gem, what did you finally come up with for scrub pants?  Will you post pictures of the final garb?  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

LAVAGODDESSSS

Slightly on topic...we went through the same thing cause my husband blew his whole ren budget on a vest (wha?). It's super spiffy, but honestly...lol. I said "Ok, so you are going to go pantsless?"

Save the day! Woman...of course, the one who budgets (ah, don't yell at me manly men who do budget, alas, mine doesn't). LOL. I couldn't stand the look on his face. 'Twas sad and distraught.

We went to Walmart and found a pair of pj pants in black. People asked us at least a dozen times where he got his pants! $6.00 at walmart. They are a tad 'snug' in the butt (so for those pirates who want to show their booty...ha.) or if you go a size up they don't show the goods (butt) so much if that isn't your thing.

Anyways, just wanted to add in that they tend to have quite a few options or the men-folk for pants!!!

Please let us know how the scrubs work!
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

gem

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 30, 2010, 06:52:57 AM
Gem, what did you finally come up with for scrub pants?  Will you post pictures of the final garb?  Thanks!
Hey, Lady R, thanks for asking!!

I did end up ordering a couple of pairs of scrub pants, but as it turned out, we're actually going with Dickie's work pants! Here's a picture of Milord mocked up to test them out:

And here's Kenneth;D

Originally I was thinking of these as a stop-gap until I could make pants next year, but right now I seriously think these are going to be better than anything I could put together. Especially for $18/pair! I'm a little worried that they might be a little too warm, but we'll see what happens.

Next step: VESTS!!

Lady Rosalind

Delireus

Wow, he looks great :) I shall see about getting my guy some now
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

gem

Thanks, Shanon! Just to clarify, Milord is NOT wearing scrub pants in that picture! :)

Lady Renee Buchanan

He looks great!  Thanks for sharing the picture.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Kiana_8

Yeah he is looking great but even at first glance I thought he is wearing scrub pants. But then I realized these are not. I am too looking for comfortable and trendy surgical scrubs for my sister as she asked me to purchase one for her.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Scrubs123.com has great scrubs.  They are not the cheapest, but they are comfortable and hold up for ages.  I've had 3 pairs for almost 9 years.  The new Avenue line is really nice, and the material is fantastic.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs