News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Age of Chivalry 2010 RSVP (Las Vegas, NV)

Started by Rosamundi, August 17, 2010, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosamundi

Squee! I just realized that this faire falls the same weekend as my sister's birthday . . . and she lives in Vegas! So it's now on the "can't miss" list. 

For those mourning the closing of CoRF, I also heard that we may look forward to seeing in Vegas a couple favorites from Colorado's smaller faires, including Round Two Costumes (great workmanship at seriously great prices).

If anyone else is planning a trip, let's do a meetup!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

crazyrennie

My finacee and I are there for all three days-
we will be in the Empire of Chivalry and Steel encampment-

Come by and ask for Kheldar-

chances are I'll be on the combat field !

Crazy

Rosamundi

Fabulous; we'll look for you with pleasure!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Blushing

I am planning to be there as well ... with the Biggins guild.  Stop by and say hello!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Rosamundi

Great, Blushing! I kept meaning to find you at CoRF and never did. If circumstances permit, I'd love to talk about how I could help you with 2011 Rendezvous.

Sir Michael Geare

I shall be there the entire run with the Guild of St. Augustine's or better known as Queen Elizabeth's Court.  Hope to see you and anyone else from this site out at the faire.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Blushing

I'm already checking weather ... although I know it's rather far out.  And thinking about packing ...

Rosamundi, sounds wondrous!  I look forward to meeting you!

Rosamundi

Excellent all! I shall brush up on my Court Manners . . . and I'm thinking about packing, too. I'm trying to get the whole famdambly into garb. :-)

Blushing

I'll be working on some new garb bits tomorrow, and later this week.  Then I'll think about packing ...

Blushing

We're at the one-week mark ... for traveling and build-out anyways.  =)

Abbot Bubo

I'll be working at D&B Leather and camping with House Leviathan, a part of Le Troupe's encampment.

crazyrennie

Chris-RenFaire

Weather precautions:

Hello Ren Faire enthusiast!

I've attended Age of Chivalry in Las Vegas since 1999.  Here are a few tips to prepare yourself for inclement weather:

1.  Las Vegas is HOT all summer...until the weekend of Ren Faire!  For some reason, 90% of the time, the high-desert temperatures drop during the evening to jacket-sweater-layer temperatures.
2.  Bring layers.  Suggest:  3 layers.  Put on 1 layer during the day, 2 layers in the evening, and 3 layers at night (when ye drinkin yer favorite beverage)!
3.  One year, I won't say which (last year), it was so COLD (in the evening) people were wearing parkas.
4.  Of course, if ye be wearing a lovely attire to suit the festivities, then enjoy!

Best wishes all!

Chris

Blushing

He's right ... I always bring my cloak - just in case!

Rosamundi

Great advice; thank you! I've packed garb for 6 people and there's still a wee bit of room on top for some cloaks. Must be a magic valise. Can't wait to see you all there!

Blushing

We certainly didn't need the cloaks this year!  Is was a wonderful faire, as always.  And attendance was impressive.  Here's to another long fantastic faire weekend next year!

Rosamundi, it was a delight to meet you!

Rosamundi

Thanks, Blushing, it was great to meet you also! My apologies to those I missed. Herding a family through faire was delightful but totally distracting. Next year, more mingling!