News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

upside down

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, August 20, 2010, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

kinda funny if you think about it. anyhow i was reading today at lunch and as i was wrapping up i thumbed thru the rest of the book just something i do sometimes. and what do i see? One of the pages is upside down.
anyone ever have this happen? does the book suddenly become more valuable because of this? ofcourse i plan to finish the book and read the upside down page the right side up but anyone ever seen this before?
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Kett

I've had upside down pages and then pages in the wrong order. Takes a few sentences to realize the pages are out of order usually! A little faster on the upside down... :)

BryanPopp

Closest thing I had to that was an album. I bought Iron Maiden's Live After Death ( a double album). When I got it home and tore open the package to play the whole thing I ran into a problem. The album contained 2 copies of sides 3 &4, but no side 1 &2.
I kept it and added to my very large Maiden vinyl collection.

Merlin the Elder

I got a computer programming reference for Christmas one year (perfect gift for a geek like me) and half was upside down. I can't imagine it making a book worth any more unless it's a first edition by a popular author perhaps.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Christina de Pond

i didn't think it would i don't think stephen lawhead is that popular or not that i'm aware of he must do pretty well to have several series though
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Elennare

My husband and I own a couple of books that are bound upside down.  Never seen just a page, though.
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Auryn

That is really weird for a single page to be upside down because usually they are printed in pairs or more.
It probably means the digital copy was somehow formatted upside down and noone caught it.

I don't think I've ever had anything that serious.
Some egregious spelling mistakes for sure though.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Christina de Pond

this the first time i have ever seen this i thought it was some odd writing thing but i got looked at it again and to my amazement it's upside down. i think i know someone else who has a copy of this book i wonder if her verson has a page upside down
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Dayna

I'm not the person you're thinking of, but yes, I have a copy of that book and yes there is one page that is upside down.  Now I'm going to have to find the book again!!!
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven