News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Picture A Day 2010

Started by Jon Foster, August 22, 2010, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Eric of Lyon on August 30, 2010, 08:43:55 PM
Here's some I took on Saturday, the 28th.  Shortly after talking with Jon, (and, it was nice talking with you, Jon), my camera clonked out.  The old dreaded Error 99.  No matter what I tried, (i.e., swap flash cards, pull out batteries, change lenses, etc.) worked.  So, most of my Saturday was without a working camera.    Once home, I did manage to get it working again, (cleaned lens contacts, camera and lenses with pencil eraser) but for how long, time will tell.  Anyhow, here's what I have, and this is about all from Saturday...

Love the people shots, Eric.  And if there's anything more annoying than an Error 99, I'm not sure what it is.  You have to love an error code that literally means ANYTHING could be wrong with the camera; and, thus, ANYTHING could or could not fix it. 
(This space for rent)

Eric of Lyon

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 07, 2010, 10:01:41 AM
Here's some I took on Saturday, the 28th.  Shortly after talking with Jon, (and, it was nice talking with you, Jon), my camera clonked out.  The old dreaded Error 99.  No matter what I tried, (i.e., swap flash cards, pull out batteries, change lenses, etc.) worked.  So, most of my Saturday was without a working camera.    Once home, I did manage to get it working again, (cleaned lens contacts, camera and lenses with pencil eraser) but for how long, time will tell.  Anyhow, here's what I have, and this is about all from Saturday...

Love the people shots, Eric.  And if there's anything more annoying than an Error 99, I'm not sure what it is.  You have to love an error code that literally means ANYTHING could be wrong with the camera; and, thus, ANYTHING could or could not fix it. 

Thanks, Xanthenes.  With today's technology you would think an error code could be more descriptive.  But, thankfully we have Google.  Cleaning the lens contacts has rid me of the Error 99 and I'm back to shooting again.  Hopefully will have some shots I took from Labor day up within the next couple of days.  Camera got a good drenching on Monday with the steady drizzle, but I think I managed a few descent shots.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Eric of Lyon on September 07, 2010, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 07, 2010, 10:01:41 AM

Thanks, Xanthenes.  With today's technology you would think an error code could be more descriptive.  But, thankfully we have Google.  Cleaning the lens contacts has rid me of the Error 99 and I'm back to shooting again.  Hopefully will have some shots I took from Labor day up within the next couple of days.  Camera got a good drenching on Monday with the steady drizzle, but I think I managed a few descent shots.

I think the last time I had an Error 99, I cleared it up by cleaning the contacts on the battery grip of my 5DMkII.  Perhaps Error 99 is just Canon's way of telling us to clean our darn cameras.
(This space for rent)

Athena

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 06, 2010, 12:08:39 PM
It was a busy Labor Day weekend! Lots of people on Sunday. Good weather and lots of people in garb.

GLMF Invasion

I love this picture! I really miss my GLMF family, and MIRF!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Capt. Morgan

Missed you too, Sweets! Shall we see you in ORF come September 18-19th??
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Margaret

WENCHES!!

photo by S. Mazzotta

Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

sandmanvw

Labor day 2010
Me and the Washing Well Women.

Eric of Lyon

Some shots from Labor Day....

Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Poldugarian Warrior

Great pics. Was wondering who's the fire breather and where does he perform, or does he just travel through the faire performing unannounced, there was also a hypnotist listed on the program, was wondering where he/she performs.

Jon Foster

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on September 09, 2010, 03:47:30 PM
Great pics. Was wondering who's the fire breather and where does he perform, or does he just travel through the faire performing unannounced, there was also a hypnotist listed on the program, was wondering where he/she performs.

I can't remember the name of the fire breather. He has a cart and moves around the grounds all day. I think the cart is a "bring out your dead" thing. He was standing on the cart when he did the fire show. He just stopped in front of the pub, got on the cart, did the show and got down. It was maybe 5 or 10 minutes tops.

Jon.

Jon Foster

As usual, nice pictures Eric! It looks like we missed out by skipping the faire Monday.

I really liked Duchess Lucrezia's Steampunk outfit. She wore it to the Thunder Over Michigan show this year. It got a lot of attention too.

Jon.

Athena

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on September 08, 2010, 08:30:08 AM
Missed you too, Sweets! Shall we see you in ORF come September 18-19th??

Wish I could make it down there that weekend, but I've already made plans for October.

Great pictures everyone! I love MIRF and am sad to be missing out again this year.  :(
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

Eric of Lyon

Very nice, Xanthenes .  I especially like the black and white of the knight!
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Eric of Lyon on September 13, 2010, 12:28:46 PM
Very nice, Xanthenes .  I especially like the black and white of the knight!

Thanks, Eric.  One of these days, we should all get together and lay siege to the Guinness Pub at the same time; like a swarm of psychotic paparazzi. 
(This space for rent)