News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question on gate rules

Started by dinkywench, August 23, 2010, 05:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

i have gone to the RF for many years but never brought in food or drink but I have noticed that people bring in coolers and baskets and all types of food.

what is the rule? can you bring in coolers? just food or drinks too?

If i have a bottle attached to a leather strap and I fill the bottle with wine will they take it at the gate?

if anyone knows I would love the info.

thanks

analise

Pretty sure coolers are not generally allowed in nor do they want to see you bringing in alcoholic drinks.

Coolers are allowed in the parking lot, though (or at least...have been when we tailgate!).

Though, now that I look at the posted rules on the rennfest.com website, I don't see anything that specifically references bringing in outside stuff.

All of that said, many many people have bottles/flasks they carry in with them and I have yet to see or hear of one being confiscated.

Rowan MacD

I've never been to a faire where they asked me at the gate to let them see what was in my flask (when I bring one), unlike for example, a concert. 
       I don't think I've ever seen 'rules' actually forbidding outside refreshments/food at a faire, but since most outdoor shows (racetracks, concerts, amusement parks, etc.) don't allow it, I would just assume the faire has the same rules.  At KC I did see a few folks with open sodas and beers get stopped at the gate and told to throw them out before they could go in.  The venue sold alcohol so I could sort of see why they wouldn't want you bringing in a cooler, but these were single cans and bottles, open and being consumed.
   I guess a good rule of thumb would be if you pay to get in, you can't bring food or drink past the gate.  I suppose you can get a stamp and make trips out to your car if you want to save money on refreshments.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lumpy

This is a statement direct from the festival...

You can bring a bag lunch, no coolers or beverages.

Many groups meet and greet in the parking lot prior to opening - cooking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack