News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

KC faire invasion ... attempt

Started by Blushing, August 23, 2010, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Alright Amyj!  Will you be sporting your Luau patterned garb one of the days?  I will certainly be there the weekend your crew sails across the wide Missouri to our small village of Canterbury the weekend of the 18th and 19th!  I look forward to seeing you again.

Amyj

Butch, probablly not....unfortunately I made it so fast that it's not as strong as the other garb I've made and my bodice needs some serious work.  But, we will have our "High School" garb on (see the finished garb thread re: my SCHS Pirate and his RBRHS Buccaneer school colors garb) at least one day....maybe gypsy-ish the next...not sure. depends on the weather that weekend.  I'm SO ready...2 weeks and 2 days until we leave!!!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

Well. look for me!  I'll be there!

kcdcchef

an invasion of Canterbury, I love it!!

Delireus

I've had a change of plans and me and my friends are going to be there October 9th :) We were originally going September 25th but things came up. But now hopefully I can meet more of you guys :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Delireus, well, come on down when you're able.  We'll be here!

AmyJ, this weekend (FINALLY)??!?!

TKM

ah, lame! i have to wait longer for you now! oh well, am glad you're coming down at all...

Amyj

Butch...we are en route as I type this!  See you anon!  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

OK, we're leaving in a couple of minutes!  HUZZAH!!!

Edmund Howard

We did make it on the 18th and 19th and had a great time.  I really like the pubs at this fair.  I went to the Royal Smoker on Sunday and that was fun, too.

Some pictures:
http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/jholdman/KCRF%20Sept%2018-19%202010/

Butch

Sorry I missed you!  If you saw some guy in a blue hat with yarn all over it, that was me!!  I will be there this Sun, but not tomorrow.

Did you try any of the Pirtle mead?  It is made not far from the Faire, in a town called Weston, MO.

TKM

Yes, I tried the Pirtle. It was great. The bar wench was telling me that Chaucer's was actually sweeter.. I know you said you much prefer Pirtle, but if another kind is sweeter, I'd love to try it too.

Butch

To me, the Chaucer's tastes chemically.  Are you around the KC area?  Go to the HY-VEE supermarket and pick up a bottle of the Oliver mead.  It's around $8 (EIGHT BUCKS).  IMO, it tastes better than either Chaucers or Pirtle, and it costs way less.

TKM

ok. my closest store is a hy-vee... i dont recall them having a wine rack or anything though. is that just the missouri stores? i'll certainly check it out.

Butch

Yeah, I'm i'm in Lees Summit, so it may be a MO thing.  I think Gomers has Oliver mead.