News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Irish Hooley - Dubuque Iowa this weekend (8/28)

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, August 25, 2010, 05:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Anyone going to this?

Some good music:  Rising Gael, Seven Nations and Red Hot Chilli Pipers all are good.

I shall be there.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

I am supposed to be going with some friends.  Steve has to work at the restaurant Saturday night.  Kind of disappointed Gaelic Storm won't be there this year, but hopefully, the Red Hot Chili Pipers will be good.

Are you wearing garb?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Do many people garb - may be a bit warm.  We spent last weekend at MnRF and it was a bit warm (really I mean HOT).

May be a mundane for the day :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

Last year nobody wore garb.  I won't be attending.  The folks I was going with decided to do something else, so I'm staying home.  Since Gaelic Storm isn't there, I don't mind too much, as we are leaving early Sunday for Bristol.

If you have a kilt, I think that would be ok.  Since the group is the Red Hot Chili Pipers from Scotland, and one of the advertisements says, "The Kilts are Coming."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on August 26, 2010, 06:32:38 AM
Last year nobody wore garb.  I won't be attending.  The folks I was going with decided to do something else, so I'm staying home.  Since Gaelic Storm isn't there, I don't mind too much, as we are leaving early Sunday for Bristol.

If you have a kilt, I think that would be ok.  Since the group is the Red Hot Chili Pipers from Scotland, and one of the advertisements says, "The Kilts are Coming."

The music should be quite good, at least for sure later in the day.  I am quite familiar with the 3 groups I mentioned above (and too, with Gaelic Storm).  If it is no fun, we could always drive a few miles further to Galena  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Kett

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on August 26, 2010, 05:47:17 AM
We spent last weekend at MnRF and it was a bit warm (really I mean HOT).

Gauwyn Threadjack...sissy! :) It was 107 here - it was COOL in MN from our perspective! :)

Lady Renee Threadjack, I hope we get to travel to that part of the world in the near future to go your restaurant!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Yes Gauwyn, you need a kilt. Your squire would look smashing too. Of course I'm a bit partial to kilts. I think your Lady would approve.  ;)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Actually, the young squire purchased one last weekend in Minnesota.  Maybe I am next  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell