News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

At what time in History do you see your Pirate Character?

Started by Obadiah Jib, October 21, 2008, 11:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jack Wolfe

Research.  The early 1700s was the heyday of the GAoP.  Errol Flynn and his Hollywood ilk had nothing on the exploits of Charles Vane, Jack Rackham, Henry Avery, and company.  You want real excitement?  Get your head out of the movies and into history.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Gibbet Jones

According to my clothing I'm all over the golden age of piracy. My hat is 17th century and coat is early 18th century with my vest being double breasted may just push the limits of the golden age.
- links not allowed in signatures -  Admin

Capt Spleen

The Age O' Uncertainty an livin in intrestin tymes....

........2005 to ...... ?

CaptDungeonSpleen

Obadiah Jib

I've often thought of Jib as appearing on the scene after the rise of the Commonwealth.  I think he and his ilk would have fled to Barbados after Cromwell came to power.  When the King returns Jib and the crew would press for the letter of Reprisal.

MRF used to have a Captain Henry Morgan who was great fun to engage in assorted bits of street theater.  Portobello being part of the crews' name.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.