News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who has signed contracts for 2008

Started by Terry Griffith, June 04, 2008, 07:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Quote from: Lady Alchemy on August 05, 2008, 10:02:38 PM
Kilted One and I have been hired as the Middle-class Innkeeper and Seamstress. 

You will both be wonderful additions to the street cast.  Don't worry about the scripted role you didn't get.  I think you'll be perfect right where you are.  And Kilted One, though he wasn't (kilted, that is), had some great stage presence in his new garb.  What a first rate inn-keeper he must be!  We are really going to give the public a memorable event this year.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Countess Westmorland

Well said, Professor!
If our last rehearsal was any indication of how well we will be working together, it will be a great season.  Watch for several new characters and a surprise or two!  I am so excited for opening cannon I can't wait!  Last year was a getting to know you time.  This year there is a closeness and camraderie I haven't experienced in other things I have been involved in.  The enthusiasm and energy is there, all we need are the crowds!

Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Amelia

Hello all!!
I be Amelia Quackston, the Apprentice Keeper of the Ducks.  And, as of just a few days ago, I'll be joining all of you as a lane act on the streets of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival!!  Myself and my "practice" ducks will be hanging about, entertaining folks with jests, songs, games and stories, all told with a "ducky" twist.  So, come, interact, listen to my tale of woe upon becoming the Apprentice Keeper, play a game of getting your ducks in a row, share a joke or two, and meet Edward and hear his favorite song!!    To learn more about Amelia, you can find me on MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/amelia_quackston

Look forward to seeing you all in a week and a half!!

Amelia Quackston, the Apprentice Keeper of the Ducks

Countess Westmorland

Welcome, Amelia!  I cannot wait to meet you and Edward.  He lookes to be such a handsome fellow.

It would be nice if you could teach me to keep all my ducks in a row.  It is a talent I simply don't have!
Jan (Duchess of Norfolk on the cast)

Terry Griffith

Amelia - welcome to our faire.  I'm looking forward to meeting you and Edward as well.  I'm sure you'll quack us all up in the lanes.  
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

Amelia,  It's great to hear that you'll be joining our faire.  You're going to make a great addition to the place.  Welcome!

- M -
~ C.S. Lewis

FoxgloveLupine

Amelia,

From a patron, welcome to the group!  Looks like you'll be a lot of fun and fit in with our Faire just fine!

Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens
"Rude...Rude and not Ginger"

Terry Griffith

O.K., let's make a list.  Who's signed contracts for cast:

Jan Griffith on cast as Margaret Tudor, Queen of Scotland and the Isles.NEW   :o
Terry Griffith as the Irish Troubadour (Stage act and Music Coordinator for PRF)
Professor M and Nell Belle
Porter and Stout with Jenny
Mali McKee, the pirate w/Plank
Kilted One and Lady Alchemy
Sadira, Rafi and Gimp
Princess Mary

There are several others but if they want included on this list, they will have to post to this thread.

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Celynn

Ah so Jan is moving up in the world and is now our kings sister.  Social climber.   ;)

Countess Westmorland

Quote from: Lady Celynn on August 18, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
Ah so Jan is moving up in the world and is now our kings sister.  Social climber.   ;)

Yes, but I am still the sweet person I always was!!!   ;D

Our King had mentioned several weeks ago that he wanted to have a Margaret on cast.  Yesterday at rehearsal he asked me if I would be interested in the part.  I am delighted beyond words!  Spent the morning shopping for a crown as per his majesty's orders.  It is going to be a fun season!  ANd just wait until everyone sees the new buildings and the new vendors!
Jan

Princess Mary

Hey everyone it's Sarah aka Princess Mary (at least that's who I'm playing today, it may change to Elizabeth...again).
I just joined the boards so I don't have a picture up yet :( but anyway I have my contract so add me to the list! Yay!

Professor M

Quote from: Lady Celynn on August 18, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
Ah so Jan is moving up in the world and is now our kings sister.  Social climber.   ;)

Yes!  You'll have to address her as "Your Majesty" with your head bowed. 

hehe!  Don't get to used to it Jan.  Only on the weekends.
~ C.S. Lewis

Professor M

Quote from: Princess Mary on August 20, 2008, 10:41:41 AM
Hey everyone it's Sarah aka Princess Mary (at least that's who I'm playing today, it may change to Elizabeth...again).
I just joined the boards so I don't have a picture up yet :( but anyway I have my contract so add me to the list! Yay!

Welcome to the boards, Princess Mary!  You are such a delight to have on cast, and it'll be great to have you here, too. 
~ C.S. Lewis

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Amelia on August 12, 2008, 12:29:21 PM
Hello all!!
I be Amelia Quackston, the Apprentice Keeper of the Ducks.  And, as of just a few days ago, I'll be joining all of you as a lane act on the streets of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival!!  Myself and my "practice" ducks will be hanging about, entertaining folks with jests, songs, games and stories, all told with a "ducky" twist.  So, come, interact, listen to my tale of woe upon becoming the Apprentice Keeper, play a game of getting your ducks in a row, share a joke or two, and meet Edward and hear his favorite song!!    To learn more about Amelia, you can find me on MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/amelia_quackston

Look forward to seeing you all in a week and a half!!

I have to say.............I LOOOOVED the ducky lady!!!  You could tell she had got up at the quack of dawn to prepare for faire!  I'm glad we didn't have any fowl weather, so her first weekend was nice.  Welcome Amelia. (not Emelia)
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."