News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new Three Musketeers movie on the way

Started by Valiss, August 26, 2010, 06:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I agree with Noble Dreg, but most likely for different reasons, the 70's versions were not my favorite.  I did not like the swordfighting.  I thought it was to cut-hack-slash and cape throwing.  I grew up on Cyrano(Jose Ferrer), the duel in rhyme,
now that was a swordfight, elegant, poetic movement.  I am hoping Hollywood gets back to doing that kind of swordfight instead of striving for historical accuracy.  The fight between Capn Jack and Barbarossa was good also.  Now for the costumes.     HOLY GARB  BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on September 16, 2010, 04:32:40 AM
The stills so far look good. I hope they keep it to the proper lines and not veer off.  Here is another link to look at -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1312451/Orlando-Bloom-takes-sword-new-Three-Musketeers-movie.html
Lord Clisto
Just looking at the stills again..That man does not have a 'bad side'.  *sigh*

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Adriana Rose

Amen to that!
Looks like I need to start convincing my sister to watch the kiddo so I can go catch it while its in theaters!

Mairte

Auryn

Did you see the size of the buckles on his boots- dang.
QuoteThat man does not have a 'bad side'.  *sigh*
-Amen to that sister hehe
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Becky10

...I am guessing I am the only one upset that Orlando Bloom is in it?
He always just comes off as an annoying, confused, giant teenage boy to me.  :-\

On the 3D most of  3D now isnt things popping off the screen at you (did anyone really like that?) but they have been being used to give depth to the images. So, theoretically, there shouldn't be many, if any, made for 3D scenes.

The costumes look absolutely amazing though. 
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Becky10

Uh...I just watched the preview for this. They are trying to stop the apocalypse and they're doing like ninja jumps from building to building and the one lady is sliding down a hallway on her knees like mission impossible as fire shoots out of these holes in a wall oh and there was a flying ship too.. :o

Would this count as "veering off" from the original story line

Becky10

The Lady Mercedes

Here's the one from IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2901843225/
What I want to know is what's w/all the Crouching Tiger type movements? lol And 3d?! No...period pieces should NOT be in 3d! Other than that, I look forward to it!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Cast lineup for this film is a good one. I will be in Costume Overload! This will definitely be nominated for Costume Design Oscar.Maybe other categories as well.

Orlando Bloom
Mathew McFaydden
Ray Stevenson
Mads Mikelsosn(He and Stevenson were in 'King Arthur' together)
Christoph Waltz
Logan Lerhman
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

As far as Ridley Scott's ROBIN HOOD with Russell Crowe, the film stands on its own merits in that it dealt with the man behind the legend. I love Ridley's attention to detail. There were a number of actors in RH that were also in KoH. Directors like to reuse the same actors in a lot of their films because of their versatility to play a character. Thus, Character Actor comes to mind.

If I recall at the end of 'Robin Hood:Prince of Thieves' with Kevin Costner, his name was Robin Longstride. But King Richard the Lionheart did not return to England like at the end of  that film, because Richard died by an arrow in the neck while storming a French castle to get  money back he spent on his 10 year Crusade.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Zardoz

Quote from: Becky10 on April 03, 2011, 08:24:43 PM
Here's the trailer.I am so VERY sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQd3MwT2fAM

Thanks, I was indifferent about this film, but I had not really read about it or seen the trailer yet.

Now that I have though, it's gonna be a must see!

Two words for you; Milla Jovovich !
I'll watch the Universe's perfect being in anything!  :P

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Becky10

Quote from: Zardoz on April 11, 2011, 06:57:44 PM
Quote from: Becky10 on April 03, 2011, 08:24:43 PM
Here's the trailer.I am so VERY sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQd3MwT2fAM

Thanks, I was indifferent about this film, but I had not really read about it or seen the trailer yet.

Now that I have though, it's gonna be a must see!

Two words for you; Milla Jovovich !
I'll watch the Universe's perfect being in anything!  :P

Haha well if Joseph Fiennes was in it I am sure I'd be saying the same thing  ;D