News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sickie Roll Call!!!

Started by Blue66669, June 04, 2008, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

Alright people, seems as if LOTS of people here have come down with all kinds of ewwie sicknesses since we've returned from RenDezvous. If you've gotten sick or are getting there, post it here...

Me and GreenMan have been running fevers and having extremely sore throats. Feels like we're swallowing razorblades....

Did we get Mono from RenDezvous???
Blaidd Drwg

CapnFayeCutler

Same symptoms but the fever's been gone for about a week... the throat though... OUCH!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

SarviaRose

Sore throat yep
Fever yep

Coughing also and just generally feel yucky
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Fly'n Penny

Sore throat and overall inablility to get out of bed this morning.  I didn't know if it was something around Little Rock or what.  Must've been bad beer!!  :o >:(
Fly'n Penny
Oidhre Léir of Clan Byrne, of the Irish Penny Brigade
Quartermaster of the HMS Foggy Dirge
IFoRP #1297
Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy #27

Molden

Okay - this is weird. I'd been fighting to keep from succumbing to the symptoms - and know of one other who's been having the same symptoms. Then again, there was a LOT of "cross-pollenation" going on all weekend...  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Sir Ironhead

Well, there was an outbreak of Mono on Fort Knox the week leading up to Rendevoux, but I don't recall "cross-pollinating" anybody  ;D.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Raises hand...felt GREAT this past Saturday, woke up Sunday to a throat that feels constricted like it's tightening from the inside. 

Edited to add: heartburn, terrible terrible heartburn which started Monday when I started the new job and seems to disappear when I leave the office.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Blue66669

I don't mean to sound alarmist, but......

RENDEZVOUS GAVE US ALL THE EWWIE EWWIE SICKNESS!!!!!!

Wait a minute there Molden, was it YOU that got us all sick?? Are you the carrier??Cause the way I figure, if you didn't directly kiss Molden, then I'm almost 100% positive that you kissed someone ELSE that kissed him LOL. Just bustin yer chops buddy, you know I lurves you, ya fraggin pyrate!
Blaidd Drwg

Welsh Wench

Oddly, the first Ette Invasion Athena, Escarlata and myself all came down with horrendous sore throats that lasted three weeks. The doctor diagnosed a virus.

A few discreet phone calls to see who else got sick...we never did trace the carrier!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Capt. Bacardi

Muffin has had a sore throat sence then, but I seem to fine thou......
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on June 05, 2008, 09:43:01 AM
Still healthy!  ;D

I think it has something to do with the rum Jack....... :o  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Molden

Nah! Ya'll weren't WORKIN' hard enough!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Blue - My EGO lurves yer rationale!  :D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

CapnFayeCutler

You'd THINK that the alcohol would at least kill some of the germs. Still got a sore throat....I bet it is a virus.

Lots of fluids everybody! I know it hurts but we gotta do it.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I'm convinced Rum helps to cure some of what ails ya!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."