News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What one picture represents faire to you?

Started by Valiss, August 27, 2010, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Like most of you, I have many pictures from various faires over the years. Post one single picture that defines faire for you. You can only post one picture per reply, but you can reply as often as you like.

I'll start with this one:

Jon Foster

I think this one catches the mood pretty good. From MMRF:

Jon.

Jon Foster

Certain people catch the mood pretty damn good too.

Jon.

Valiss

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Dustin

If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

bellevivre

This is my pennultimate Sherwood picture from last year- some were better, less grainy, more in focus, but it was closing weekend, this nymph was dancing around the Circa Paleo stage, and lemmie tell you- she was amazing. The Spirit of Sherwood right there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

bellevivre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Probably this one.  It's probably my favorite shot that I've taken from the past few years of shooting Faire.

(This space for rent)

Rani Zemirah

Actually... that may be my favorite Faire shot, as well.  I've seen so many wonderful photos of the myriad faces of Faire, but none had ever moved me to poetry before...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Thanks, Rani.  'Twas also the first time poetry had been written about one of my photos.  :)
(This space for rent)

Rani Zemirah

Just the simple truth.  The moment I saw it... a tale seemed to unfold, and I needed scarce more urging than a word to pick up the pen.   :-[  ::)  I'm just happy to have had the inspiration...  There have been very few things that have moved me to write in the last couple of years, and this is one of my very favorite. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Jon Foster

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 06, 2010, 10:37:56 PM
Probably this one.  It's probably my favorite shot that I've taken from the past few years of shooting Faire.

I'll have to agree this is a favorite shot for me in several ways too. It's a cool shot but it also tells a story all on it's own.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on August 28, 2010, 07:57:34 AM
I think this one catches the mood pretty good. From MMRF:

Jon.

Not only do I love that shot, but it reinforces that I really, REALLY need to give the Mid-Michigan Faire a go this year.
(This space for rent)

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.