News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What one picture represents faire to you?

Started by Valiss, August 27, 2010, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Lovely picture, Angus.  It looks like your wife was having a wonderful day at Faire.  :)

Where was this shot taken?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

angusmacinnes

Scarborough Faire in Crown Meadow.  Just behind and to the left across the road is the armory where the Scots gather.  It incorporates more things about fair than I have time to explain right now.  Thanks for asking lass.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Valiss

Sir Eric in our guild has a fun gig where he 'recruits' kids at faire to become his squire. In order to become a squire, they must past some "tests", one of which is that you need to be able to drag the fallen soldier off the field. As you can imagine, it's always a funny scene when some kid is trying to drag a 6'5" guy in full armor where he tops out at well over 300lbs.

angusmacinnes

Nothing says faire more than a Scots lead parade.

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Renee Buchanan

This picture is my reminder of some of the most wonderful, kind, caring, fun-loving, authentic people I've ever met at faire.  It is this group that has made me so thankful to RF for bringing us together and putting them in my life.  There's more, of course, but this photo has the biggest group of dear friends together, all of us at faire having a great time.

This picture is Bristol to me, my friends and faire-mily with whom I spend the most magical summer weekends:

Yup, I have 2.   ;)

Well, you know, how could I not post a picture of my dear wildthingjew and wonderful Miss Katie Scarlet?  They weren't in the other picture, and here they are now:

So now I have 3. But who's counting?  ;D   (if it's you, you shouldn't be!  This girl just wants to have fun).
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Nighthawk

Danny and Curtis trying to kill each other... After Dan's kilt fell, Curt ended up in the hospital! ::)

And then there's Shannen- she was severely injured a few years ago, and still won't miss faire, regardless of how hard things are for her, and her attitude is always just bubbly- a real joy to be around!

And then there's the tent malfunction inspired "OH!! GodDANGIT!!" look!

I figure the Buchanan got to post three... why can't the MacLeod?

Nighthawk

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 06, 2010, 10:37:56 PM
Probably this one.  It's probably my favorite shot that I've taken from the past few years of shooting Faire.

And this, I have to say, is just plain bad@$$!

Valiss

Valiss

Aniroaldawen

Here's one from KCRF '10 opening weekend that I think catches the faire magic pretty well.

Rani Zemirah

This was Scarborough Faire '09, the first "real" (read; permanent site) Faire I had ever been to, and it was just a few short weeks after I finished 6 months of chemotherapy.  Even though this picture doesn't have any of the people I spent most of my time with during that trip, it still is the only one of me that captures the fun and the laughter I experienced all during that wonderful weekend!  This was taken by EloquentXI, and will always be one of my very favorite photos, ever... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Nighthawk

Got a new one this weekend! One of the best I've taken I think!

LadyStitch

My Flamingo boys...brothers not in blood but in all things that matter.  Which includes driving me batty both in camp and at faire. ;D.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Valiss