News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Masquerade Ball

Started by darkranger, August 28, 2010, 04:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkranger

Whats this I hear about this new event? I'm sorry I had not heard about this until we were checking into the hotel, or else I would have worked into the budget/ schedule.  ;D  I'm sure it was a great time I hope to hear about it and with any luck see some pics. Oh well at least we will be at HollyGrove  for the weekend! ;D See you there.
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

LAVAGODDESSSS

I've heard of a ball at the Mid-MI ren fest in January, on New Year's eve, but not at this festival.
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

Ladyfair

Info for the dinner theater/ball is on the web site for faire.  I am not sure if it is sold out or not, but the info is posted out there.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

LAVAGODDESSSS

Quote from: Ladyfair on September 02, 2010, 04:00:33 PM
Info for the dinner theater/ball is on the web site for faire.  I am not sure if it is sold out or not, but the info is posted out there.

You are going to have to help me out here, I just went through that site page by page...if you mean the Feast of Fantasy? But that doesn't seem right, since it isn't a ball.....

I'd call but they are always so busy and I always get a not nice lady.  ???

Village Idiots - Kevin

A Knight to Remember
A Royal Ball
Friday September 24, 2010
$60.00 Per Person
MENU
...Hors D'oeuvre Buffet 5-7pm
Spinach Artichoke Puffs
Mini Shrimp Cocktails
Brochette with Basil & Tomato
Display of Fine Cheese & Fruit

Dinner 8-10pm
Orchard Salad
Stuffed Italian Chicken
Blackened Salmon
Sautéed Beef Tips with Wild Mushrooms
Roasted Vegetables
Rossito Parmesan
Fresh Baked Crusty Bread with Sweet Butter
Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate Cheese Cake
Crème Brulee with Fresh Fruit
Champaign Fountain
Soft Drinks
Ball Room Dance Floor
Smoker's Room
Beer & Wine [cash bar]
CALL 800-601-4848

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143630455673042&ref=mf
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

Madge Estes

This is going to be an awesome event.  Am in on the planning, and lots of wonderful things in store.

Think all of your fantasies: Cinderella, Scarlett Pimpernel, Marie Antoinette, Amadeus, Shakespeare in Love, Elizabeth, etc, etc.  It is a MASQUE, not a Masquerade.  FORMAL attire, whether renaissance or mundane.  Dress to impress!!!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

LAVAGODDESSSS

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 03, 2010, 01:09:17 PM
This is going to be an awesome event.  Am in on the planning, and lots of wonderful things in store.

Think all of your fantasies: Cinderella, Scarlett Pimpernel, Marie Antoinette, Amadeus, Shakespeare in Love, Elizabeth, etc, etc.  It is a MASQUE, not a Masquerade.  FORMAL attire, whether renaissance or mundane.  Dress to impress!!!

Can you explain the difference?

LAVAGODDESSSS

Village Idiots - Kevin

Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

Lady Catharine

Wow this is nothing what we have in Dec, Trinity Cathedral used to have 2 weekends, full to boot- price increased from last yr 15.00 pp =65.00..we have a 5 course meal...proceeds go to their charity, brown bag events..But heck I like yours better..to bad I'm across the line,,,about 4 hrs..

Oh well...enjoy thou:)
'A feast is made for laughter,
and wine maketh merry'

Cateyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masque

However it is listed as a Masquerade Ball not a Masque on the website and Facebook site.
Will there be enough room in the castle for all the ladies in their fancy garb (HUGE hoops), the food and still have room for a dance floor?

darkranger

do you think this will be afforded next year?
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

gypsyqueenie

I found this link and thought of this event and you!
http://www.philological.bham.ac.uk/pomps/trans.html

We would love to be there but driving in from Chicago after work and trying to make it would be pointless.
xox
Stella

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 03, 2010, 01:09:17 PM

Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

LAVAGODDESSSS

If this was on a weekend, I think the success would be a lot better. There is no way I can make it on a Friday (work day).

I'd make this a yearly event, along with the feast, if it were on a Saturday. As the poster above me so eloquently stated, driving there after work would be pointless.

gypsyqueenie

I'm thinking of calling in sick - I feel cough cough - ahem -
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

shadowcat546

Dear Ren Fest:  I can't afford $60.00 to attend, but would love an opportunity to dance, mingle , drink soda /water.  Would you consider a lower price, (like $15.00 or so) ...using a highly visible, neon plastic wrist bracelet(s) to distinguish me (or others)?  I would be willing to only show up from 8pm-10pm for the dancing/mingling....and willing to show off my bracelet each hour to the director to prove I'm not allowed to sample the food.  (Kind of how some bars bracelet "under age" guests at bars so they don't purchase alcohol).

If you would consider it for this year...great.  If not, perhaps for future years.  That way you'd get paying attendees, that don't take up dinner-table seats.  Just a suggestion.  I know Fest is all out to earn money, but many of us are very poor.

p.s..  I like the wood sign /archway saying welcome to aberdeen (the back -40 shire)._____Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

WaywardWench

All right! Who has the Royal Ball photos? I want to see all the pretty gowns and handsome men.